Not So Innocent {Norway}

Not So Innocent {Norway x Reader}

“Women love when we do this, don’t they?”

Warning: ‘Lime’ content— beware ;)

“I’m telling you; I’m the awesomest!”

“And I’m telling you… there’s no way you’re better than the hero!”

“You’re both such fools—neither of you could be as great as me. I’m the King!”

You giggled quietly. Much to your amusement, you were hanging out with the ‘Awesome Trio’, which consisted of Prussia, America, and Denmark.

The four of you were currently at an evening festival to celebrate the opening of Japan’s newest capital. You weren’t even sure how you wound up hanging with them—but here you were, and their silly, self-centered arguing was undeniably funny.

“What are you giggling about over there, _____?” Prussia smirked, turning his attention to you.

Grinning, you responded, “You three.”

“What’s so funny? We’re serious over here!” America cut in, and pointed an accusing finger at Prussia. “I’m the best, poser!”

“In your dreams.” He snickered back.

“Children, please.” Denmark held out a hand while looking away, as if to cease the arguing.

Though they continued to claim themselves as the best- and, not for one second- let another say he was better without countering it.

“Just ask anyone! No one could survive without the hero—right ____?” America asked, turning to you for confirmation.

“Don’t listen to him, ____. We all know I’m your favorite, right?” Prussia cut in, blocking America from view.

“Just shut up and go get me a beer, you two. _____ here already has me as her favorite, thank you very much.” Denmark interrupted, waving off the two other nations; a smirk on his usually modest face.

They’re always like this… you thought to yourself, almost rolling your eyes at them. And from past experience, you knew they wouldn’t stop with this ‘favorite’ business until you named one. Last time, you picked Denmark, only because you knew he’d boast the least to Prussia and America. This time, you considered picking the latter, because out of the three of them—he definitely whined the most about his damaged ego. If you chose him you’d probably have to hear a lot less whining no doubt.

Before you could answer, he bounced up to you, “Come on, just pick me! Pickmepickmepickme-” America yelled out excitedly, shaking your shoulders. He was grinning wide as his eyes resembled a long X.

“No, me! I’m Prussia, after all! RULER OF ALL VITAL REGIONS!” He frantically tried pulling America off of you.

Denmark howled with laughter and added in, “She picked me last time—there’s no way she’d change her mind about it!” He continued laughing and playfully pushed away the two other males as you finally got away from them.

I wish they’d stop pestering me already, you thought to yourself. They were fun to be around, but sometimes they just got too absorbed into their declarations of being the ‘best’.

As they continued talking (read: yelling) at each other, you sensed some movement from behind the group. Curious, you glanced over.

You nearly sucked in a breath of surprise as you noticed Denmark’s silent friend Norway hiding behind a corner, his delicate palm resting flat against the side of a medal pole as he peeked at you and your friends. He had a nearly emotionless expression on his face; his dull blue eyes practically burning a hole into your back. How could someone have such empty eyes but such an intense stare?!... you wondered to yourself.