She Will Be Loved {France}

• Dedicated to SakuraDreamerz on FanFiction.net

She Will Be Loved {France x Reader}

“He was always there to help her; she always belonged to someone else.”

Note: Dedicated to SakuraDreamerz on FanFiction.net for being the first to request France (: Oh gosh, this chapter is so overdue. He’s one of the MAIN Hetalia characters and we’re over 30 chapters in before he got his own one-shot. XD Asdfghjkl lol sorry France. Anyways, this is obviously a songfic to “She Will Be Loved” by Maroon 5. Hope you enjoy, Sakura~ :D

“He loves me, he loves me not…” You plucked one petal off the red rose with each sentence, “…He loves me, he loves me not…” Only a few left. The setting sun cast a golden glow upon the crimson flowers, giving them a heavenly look. What better way to pass time than playing an old childhood game in a rose garden at sunset? It helped soothe your aching heart.

For only being eighteen, you’ve had your fair share of heartbreaks. Well… you couldn’t help it. After all, it was never your fault, exactly… Or at least that’s what you liked to think.

It wasn’t like you went after every guy, but the fact that none of your relationships had ever worked out. You were always the one getting dumped; never the other way around. And lately, all guys seemed to reject you.

It was very discouraging, especially for a young woman such as yourself.

As you dropped the last rose petal, it happened to land on “…He loves me.”

The first person to come to your mind was Francis.

He was a good friend you had known for a few years now. Unlike you, his love life was forever stuck on ‘perfect’. He always knew what to do and say in a relationship.

But with friendship? Not so much.

Whenever he was dating someone, it was like you were suddenly forgotten. He didn’t come over or call you as much—if not anymore until the relationship was over.

And you didn’t like it. You missed your best friend.

Well… you liked to call him your best friend, but he probably wasn’t.

…Okay, he was your best friend, but if someone asked him who was his, you knew he probably wouldn’t say you. It was pathetic. Mostly because you had hardly any other friends, much less ones who thought of you as their ‘best’ friend.

So whenever Francis wasn’t busy, you were usually with him. He didn’t mind; he was the only one who would listen to your love problems and give you advice for them. And most of the time, whenever you desperately needed him, he was there. Even if he was busy with his girlfriend of the month.

That was what kept you believing in him. He wouldn’t abandon you. He would always be there for you.

At the moment, you could really use his help. But, he was busy with Mei. And you didn’t think now was important enough to disrupt them.

You were hurting over someone again. The same person it always was, since, well… forever it seemed.

You didn’t like it, but you had been stuck on Antonio for far too long…

Beauty queen of only eighteen

She had some trouble with herself

He was always there to help her

She always belonged to someone else