Last Christmas {Finland}

• Dedicated to Sunflower-and-Violin on FanFiction

Last Christmas {Finland x Reader}

"Tell me baby, do you recognize me? ...Well, it's been a year, that doesn't surprise me..."

Note: Ah, typical. A Christmas-themed Finland x Reader in December. xD This is for Sunflower-and-Violin on FF.net; hope you like it (=7=)

~ Flashback: Middle school ~

"This week will be so much fun!"

"I know. We've been waiting for this field trip for months."

"And since we're partners, it'll be even more fun." Katyusha turned in her seat to face you, "I'm so glad you picked me, _____!" She gave you a grin full of sunshine.

You smiled back. "Of course! You're my best friend, Katy."

The school bus abruptly stopped on a red light, but that probably wasn't why you felt the seats in front of yours move a bit. "Hey hey—I'm her best friend too!" Tino chimed in, turning fully around in his seat to face you and Katyusha. "Hey Katy, you're lucky. I wish we could switch partners!"

He then immediately looked down to the other person sharing his bus seat, "...Oh, but no offense to you, Lukas!"

He was too busy reading a book to care, "Non-taken." He mumbled without emotion.

Katyusha giggled, "It's okay... I wouldn't mind being partnered with Lukas either.~" Her Ukrainian accent only made her statement sound even cuter.

You could practically feel Lukas's cheeks heating up— and he was sitting in the bus seat in front of you. As if to confirm it, Tino eyed his friend and laughed. "Your face is turning red, Lukas! How funny—until you and Katyusha got together, I never really noticed you display emotions."

Lukas—on the window seat—crept even closer to the glass as if to distance himself from Tino. Blushing madly, he pouted, "Sh-Shut up, Tino."

You laughed along with Tino. After all, your best friend's new relationship with Lukas was pretty adorable. Katyusha was very popular with the boys, but she never dated anyone until Lukas confessed to her last week. She'd had an enormous crush on the quiet, seemingly-emotionless Norwegian for months before he decided to tell her how he felt. But, it was no secret that after the last group project—when they were paired together—that Lukas had a thing for kind, gentle, sweet Katyusha.

"Oh, _____. We're gonna have so much fun together this week!" Tino exclaimed, grinning. He was still sitting backwards in his seat so he could face you. The bus got a green light and moved forward, to which a teacher scanned the aisle and noticed Tino sitting incorrectly.

"Tino, sit down. We're moving now."

He gave you another smile before turning back around. Even though it was just a simple upturn of the lips, it sent your heart soaring. You never felt as warm and happy as you did since Tino asked you out.

Everything that happened this month was kind of perfect. You got a new boyfriend; Tino, and his best friend, Lukas, asked out your best friend, Katyusha. How cute was that? Now the four of you were all very close friends.

Ah, the joys of sixth grade.

Looking back, you really missed those simple days.

But in this time, a lot of meaningful events occurred. Nights that you would never forget, with people you'd remember on to adulthood.