Armageddon {Germany}

Armageddon {Germany x Reader}

"What's a girl like you doing in an apocalypse like this?"

Note: So normally I dedicate the chapter to whoever requested the character first, but since Germany's been asked for sO MANY TIMES, I'll just go with: This one's for anyone who loves that battle-ready soldier, Ludwig. *^* Also-

Warning: Character Deaths, Angst, Blood, Horror, Minor Violence, and Excessive Weapon Usage, beware.

...Hope you live through the zombie apocalypse, my dear survivors.

ALSO, TO MOBILE WATTPAD USERS-- PLEASE NO IN-LINE COMMENTS! YOU KNOW, THE HIGHLIGHTING OPTION? IT'S ANNOYING! LEAVE A COMMENT AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER, NOT DURING THE MIDDLE! THIS GOES FOR THE REST OF THE CHAPTERS AND ALL THE REST BEFORE. THANK YOU. T_T

The silence was deafening.

You had to remind yourself that the stillness was a good thing. No scrapes of limping, fleshless feet against the sidewalk; no groans of the undead; no snarls of a cannibalistic freak of nature within radius of your earshot. The streets were nearly empty, you were alone, and you heard nothing but the wind. This was all good.

Except, it didn't feel that way.

Even with your back against the wall of an alley, a handgun in your palm, and a sword strapped to your hip, you still didn't feel safe. You never did.

You were in the middle of an abandoned city with no one but yourself, with no exact place to go, and no shelter at all. How could anyone feel safe in a time like this? Every minute that passed, you felt lucky to be alive. Shocked, even, that you had made it this far.

...I don't deserve this, you thought to yourself. I don't deserve to be here. Even if you were grateful to be living, there was also immeasurable guilt, horror, and grief woven into your life that made it difficult to keep going. Guilt for abandoning them, horror for the world's real-life nightmare, and grief for his death.

You didn't even like to think about the latter.

It only made you want to go back.

The thought alone, the memory, caused you to reconsider your actions. But... it was too late. You were in too deep. You had already made your decision and there was nothing you could do to change it; no point in mourning over the consequences. You had lost everything-but you chose to, because you thought it was the right way to go. You didn't dare to regret your path.

This way, no one would get hurt.

Well... no one would get hurt because of you, that is.

About four days ago, you weren't completely alone-as you are now. Four days ago, you had friends. You were a group. Survivors. A clan of six that hunted together, ate together, killed zombies together and had fun together. Everything a last-remaining human could ever want. There was a base. A safe place to sleep. A warm bed next to the ones you cared about more than anything else in the world.

You had been with five of your friends-and that was an amazing feat in itself. Not because you didn't have many friends in The Before, but because having more than a couple friends left here in The After was something to marvel at. Why?

Because most of the people you knew were already dead.

Your mom. Your dad. Any other close relative. The rest of your friends. About seventy percent of humanity had already been wiped off the face of the Earth-and either turned into a flesh-devouring monster or buried with a very improper funeral.