Rare Treasure {Pirate!England}

Rare Treasure {Pirate!England x Reader}

“Good night. And good work. Sleep well. I’ll most likely kill you in the morning.”

“I’ll become strong~!”

“I’ll rule a bigger empire!”

Chibitalia and Holy Rome turned to you, since it was your turn to shout out your dream. “Oh,” You realized you were late on your verse. “And I’ll…” You searched your brain for an appropriate answer, but nothing came out that sounded as catchy and cute as what they said.

“C’mon _____, you were supposed to have something ready remember?” Chibitalia sat back down on the blanket, as did Holy Rome.

You smiled sheepishly, “I know. Sorry…” You continued eating your sandwich.

The three of you were currently in Austria’s backyard, having a picnic. Ever since you came under his rule, this daily lunch break with Chibitalia and Holy Rome became something of a ritual for you three. Every afternoon, you all got together for a picnic with sandwiches and juice boxes.

Your tiny hands gripped the juice box tightly—you were still trying to come up with a short and catchy response. “Don’t hurt yourself, _____.” Holy Rome mused.

Chibitalia giggled, “Don’t be mean, Holy Rome!”

You laughed. “No, it’s okay. I got something,” You spoke up cheerfully. You raised your small body up, and tried to tower over your friends. But you were so tiny and short that you barely managed to overlook them. “My biggest dream is to sneak onto a pirate ship—dressed like a guy—be like this great swordfighter, and the captain falls in love with me.” You crossed your arms in triumph. There, now your future sounded way more fun than theirs.

Chibitalia had a worried expression on his cute little face. “B-But, pirates are bad,” He whimpered.

“And besides,” Holy Rome added, “Would you really want someone like the captain of a pirate ship to love you?”

You nodded enthusiastically, and sat back down with them. “Yes! But he wouldn’t need to protect me. Because I would be strong too~!”

“That would be nice…” Chibitalia breathed out dreamily, “To be strong enough that you wouldn’t need protection!”

Holy Rome sighed. He wasn’t feeling himself. He knew he was just worried about having to leave you and Chibitalia tomorrow.

“I know, right?” You continued talking with Chibitalia as you finished your lunch. You noticed Holy Rome start acting a little weird, but you figured it was just another one of his mood swings.

Just as you and your friends were finishing up, laughing, and having fun as always, Austria appeared from his back door. “Break’s over! Now get back to work, all of you.” He then slammed the door shut.

You began cleaning up the picnic with Chibitalia. “Sooner or later, our dreams will come true.” You whispered gleefully, as he nodded his head in excitement.

Being the young naïve child that you were back then, you had no idea that neither of your friends’ dreams would come true. But what you didn’t expect was how much you’d come to resent your wish—or how the supposed ‘captain of your dreams’ would ruin your life.

Several Years Later…

You were running as fast as you could. You feared your lungs would burst from exhaustion. You had never been this terrified in your life—mostly because they’d never come as close to killing you as this time.