The Matchmaker {Canada}

The Matchmaker {Canada x Reader}

“All this time, I… only wanted you. Just… you.”

You sighed, and glanced over at him with pity. He was invisible to them again.

Russia was sitting on him, as usual. Why did it seem like you were the only one who could see poor Canada?

The only time the rest of the Allies noticed him was when they were looking for America. His brother. Never did anyone see him otherwise.

You felt bad for the little guy. A loud, crazy, somewhat obnoxious guy like America was bound to overshadow his own quiet, shy brother like that. You were pretty sure Canada had spent his whole life getting stuck in his brother’s problems, only because people confused them.

Once in a while, you would catch a sad expression on the Canadian’s normally sweet face. You could never imagine what it would be like to be in his position.

Is he invisible because… they ignore him? You wondered sometimes.

America ended the meeting, and everyone began to leave. Russia finally got off Canada, who silently picked up Kumajirou and started on his way out.

You didn’t even know why he bothered to come. During every Allied Forces meeting, he’d always get ignored.

You couldn’t take it—watching him be treated that way. He just needed something to get their attention. But… what could it be?

You weren’t even sure yourself on why you wanted to help him. You just couldn’t stand to see a cute, innocent nation like him be picked on.

As you began to leave, America tried talking to you. “Hey dude, wanna fly over to my place after this?” But your thoughts about Canada clouded your mind, so you didn’t even hear him.

You kept walking, oblivious to America. As you passed him by, he got a confused expression on his face. Did I just get… ignored? He wondered in shock.

By the time you got to your house, you already had an idea. Or rather, it was just a thought, not an idea—but it seemed like it could help change him.

All he needed was a girlfriend. Then maybe the rest of the Allies would realize he existed.

You smirked, and opened your front door.

You nearly jumped out of your skin when you noticed three figures in your living room, lounging on your couches.

You groaned, and facepalmed. “Why did you guys break into my house again?” You demanded; a slight hint of annoyance in your voice.

Hungary grinned, “We wanted to see you!” She jumped up gleefully, and went over to give you a hug. She gestured over to Ukraine and Liechtenstein, “They missed you too!”

You sighed, and offered a smile. These three were always coming over for surprise visits, and you could’ve sworn on your life they made it their goal to come when you were least expecting it. “I’ve missed you too,” You plopped down on your couch with them.

Ukraine smiled in a motherly way, “How are the Allies?”

“Good. America’s still planning on attacking the Axis, though.”

You continued chatting with them for a while, all four enjoying the visit. After a while, you managed to bring up the topic of Canada. You’d told them how bad you felt for him lately, and… let’s just say it turned into a much deeper conversation than you thought it would.