Tasted of Blood {Part 1/2} {Vampire!Romania}

Tasted of Blood {Vampire!Romania x Reader} {Part 1 of 2}

“I look at you and what I see is how much I hate you when you breathe.”

Warning: Due to this being a vampire fic, there will be many mentions of blood. Also graphic violence, via some irritating nightmares. Adult language, as usual. Very dark. This story doesn’t work well with the sensitive, FYI.  Also contains ‘lime’ content— beware (;

Your lungs felt like they were about to burst.

Your head was swelling, your heart throbbing, your breaths were coming out ragged and harsh. Despite the exhaustion and immense pain in your knee, you continued on running.

The chilly October air caused your breath to come out in visible puffs, freezing the inside of your mouth each time you inhaled sharply. Your legs felt sore from sprinting for so long, but you ignored the pain.

It was difficult to navigate through the thick woods—and the fact that it was dark and cold outside didn’t make things any easier. The full moon casted a helpful glow, for it was the only source of light that you had.

You stopped momentarily. You listened hard for any movement, but sensed none. Whatever had been chasing you was now gone.

You bent over and rested your hands on your knees, breathing out heavily. You were sure your predators were nothing other than stray dogs, but the way they chased you was frightening. They somehow seemed larger than dogs—coyotes or wolves perhaps. The thought made you freeze in terror once more.

What were you guys thinking—going into the forbidden woods on Halloween night? The air was thick with fog, the tree’s branches were pointy and sharp, and there were wild animals roaming around. No one had seen a wolf or bear in ages, but as of tonight, you could prove them wrong.

And what’s worse, you had to be the one to get lost. You stopped following your friends for a moment to fix your costume, and when you looked up, they were gone.

Now you were stranded- most likely in the middle of the creepy forest- with no one to guide you out. When you realized you were lost, you’d noticed you weren’t on the trails anymore. You were in an unmarked area.

You sighed, and rubbed your stinging knee. Earlier when you were running for your life, you’d tripped on a low tree branch and busted your knee open. Exactly what happens in the horror movies, you thought irritably. You wiped away the gushing blood, just barely realizing how much it hurt. You’d probably been running on pure adrenaline earlier, and now the agony was starting to kick in.

You looked around once more, but to no avail. Neither your friends nor a trail were anywhere in sight. You had to keep going until you found an exit.

You began limping in a random direction, hoping it wouldn’t lead you to the deep, dark, dangerous lake.

That really was the name of it, though. Deep and Dark and Dangerous. Whoever came up with that name was dead-on. No one swam there, and not just because it was constantly freezing. The water was so dark that you couldn’t even see your ankles when stepping in. Plus it really was deep. The few people who had actually tried swimming there drowned a few years ago.

Gosh, what kind of town do I live in? you thought solemnly. There’s a forbidden forest, a dangerous lake, and groups of witchcraft-obsessed weirdos who hang around there. Not to mention your town was often covered in gray clouds or thick with dark fog.