Confessions {Iceland}

Confessions {Iceland x Reader}

“Do you even know what you’re saying? Don’t ever think about telling that to any other guy…”

Warning: ‘Lime’ content— beware ;)

You closed your eyes.

Iceland. He never left your thoughts.

You’ve had a huge crush on him since day one. You had only met him a couple years ago, but since then he was always on your mind. You couldn’t help it. He was just so perfect.

But you sometimes questioned his ability to love. He was so serious—all the time. Had he ever had a crush on anyone… ever? He didn’t seem like the type. Had he ever had a girlfriend? Had he ever liked a girl in that way yet? You doubted all of these, but not just because you liked him. Practically every nation knew he wasn’t too interested in girls.

In fact, he probably cared more about licorice than girls. So why were you so hopelessly into him?

Easy. He was the most composed, modest, bright, and affirmative guy you knew. Even if not everyone took him seriously. Oh, and can’t forget ‘cute’. Definitely can’t forget cute.

You’d first met him during a world meeting. All was silent, for once, until Denmark showed up and crashed the place—demanding everyone’s attention, while the rest of the Nordics followed wordlessly behind him.

The first time you glimpsed Iceland, you’d nearly choked on your coffee. You couldn’t peel your eyes off him—he was perfect! He’d been crossing his arms and pouting at Denmark’s idiocy, completely silent. Mr. Puffin was seated on his shoulder, also quiet.

His composure showed he was strict, but also had a childish side to him. And you loved it. Every bit of him, you adored.

But you just had no idea how he felt. About you, about anyone, or anything at all. No one ever knew what he was thinking. Though at least he wasn’t like Sweden or Norway—the ones who truly didn’t show emotion.

Unlike them, Iceland got flustered easily, mostly around the rest of the Nordics—and you thought it was adorable. He got annoyed, even angry, and you still thought it was cute.

But you knew you shouldn’t be crushing so hard on someone like him. Someone who barely had any idea you existed.

Two years ago when Russia first introduced you to him, all you could do was blush and stutter. You could hardly even look at him.

Blame love at first sight. You’d been staring at him for who-knows-how-long, and then when you finally got the opportunity to talk with him, you were rendered speechless. He must have thought I was an idiot, you thought to yourself hopelessly.

“_____? Are you alright?” You heard Russia ask, snapping you out of your thoughts.

“Oh! Yeah… I’m fine.” You shook your head a bit, breaking out of the daze.

You were currently in the Nordics’ mansion, sitting on their living room couch with Russia, Denmark, and Sweden. Inside the kitchen was Finland, preparing something for lunch.

It was mostly Denmark keeping up the conversation- Russia chatting back with him- while your mind constantly wandered over to Iceland. He wasn’t in the room, but simply being in his house was enough to make you uneasy.

“And so, I told them how I was the King, and then they…” Denmark continued on rambling about himself, the self-proclaimed ‘King’, while Russia conversed back with him. You had decided to tag along with him during his visit to see the Nordics, since you knew he wouldn’t mind.