Friend Zoned {Italy}

Friend Zoned {Italy x Reader}

“There’s no need to cry, bella. I’m here for you, ve~!”

You felt like it was the end.

Another heartbreak. Oh, that’s just perfect—another one to add to your collection.

It seemed all boys ever did was hurt you. And here you were, thinking this was the right guy, when he was just like the fucking rest.

This particular breakup had hurt most of all. Maybe because it was the first that lasted a whole year, and then just ended with the most bullshit line.

“My feelings for you are so intense that they scare me.”

How is that even a way to break up with someone?! And worst of all, you knew he was lying. Of course he was lying. You knew- even before you heard from the Allies- that he liked someone else.

He wanted her, and not you. Not you… anymore. Maybe he’d just grown tired of you, like the rest had.

Though you hated this guy and all your other exes, the pain was still there. Mostly from the emotional trauma… of being lied to so much, you guessed. But even with such douchebag exes, you knew there was still some hope in the male population.

Mostly because of your best friends, the Axis.

Even so, you still felt heartbroken. This had been your first breakup in a long while, and as usual, you wanted to bear it on your own. You didn’t leave your house, didn’t leave your room, hell… you didn’t even leave your bed.

Your curtains were drawn, leaving the room dark and subconsciously adding to your depression. Though you didn’t dare open them—since they let the light in, and even Romania joked about you being a vampire.

You cried every night. No matter what you tried, you could never get your mind off of him. This was odd; because you were pretty sure you hated him. He was a lying, stupid, two-faced jerk.

But not everyone had nerves of steel. You had a heart, you had feelings, and you were sensitive. Not good when it comes to dealing with a major breakup. No matter how much you tried to deny it, you were sad.

Much more than sad, but that was all you allowed yourself to admit.

It was all because of him. Well, him for breaking up with you, and then him for reminding-you-of-your-other-breakup’s with this one, and then making you hate boys all over again.

Last time… who was it? You couldn’t even remember. But the last guy you dated before this one had done the same thing. After he broke up with you, you started to hate boys—and swore them off forever. Or at least you tried.

Although the thought rested in the back of your mind, you refused to take anti-depressants. You didn’t even want to believe you felt depressed.

I mean, because of a guy like him? Who the hell would wanna admit they were depressed for a reason like that?

But the fact that you had just barely noticed you hadn’t eaten for three days, or left your house for a week, gave you a pretty good clue that your head was down in the dumps.

You sighed heavily, and plopped back down on your pillow. You’d been in the same pajamas for two days, and hadn’t done your hair or makeup since that day.

You rolled around in your messed-up blankets and sheets so you were in a cocoon, and tried to go to sleep.

Though every time you closed your eyes, you saw his annoyingly handsome face.