🌸 Retirement 🌸

*no gif today, my phone storage is dying*
_______________________________
CHAPTER 38: RETIREMENT

I am a fourteen/fifteen/sixteen year-old girl, who witnessed many things. Blood, death, cannabilism, murder. The next thing I witnessed wasn't on my list; it wasn't planned. I was always mentally prepared to see death, blood, pain, but I didn't prepare to see that. I simply wasn't prepared enough. I stood silently beside Bakugou, somewhere definitely outside the bar. Our surroundings were completely ruined; buildings and boulders were scattered around.

Bakugou was on the verge of tears. He and I both knew what was going to happen next. He manned up, though, getting saved by Kirishima, Todoroki and Midoriya, as well as Momo. "What are you just standing there for?!" Bakugou yelled at me, "jump and get a grip on my hand!"

"Not yet," I called out, "we still need to get Uraraka, idiots!" I gritted my teeth as I frantically tried to find Uraraka. I had no idea where we were. All I could see was building ruins, and no sign of that tiny bar.

"She's the idiot," I heard a faint voice which belonged to Bakugou, "we can clearly see Uraraka getting saved by Kamui Woods."

Oop. I'm blind. I think I just ruined my chance of getting saved. It was almost sunrise, too. I'll be dead if I don't find somewhere to shelter from the sun soon... I looked behind me to see All Might fighting All For One.

Everything that was unfolded before me was a blur; consecutive, strong attacks were made from both of them, completely battering the surroundings. All Might's attacks were fast, not even I could keep up with the speed his punches are.

And I'm supposed to be faster than motorbikes.

Flip. The sun is going to shine soon. I grit my teeth as I try to find some shelter from the sun. "CAW! Y/n L/n has turned into a demon. Hashiras! Come south and pick her up!" My crow shouted from above as I took shelter under a rubble held up tight against two rocks. Now, this is like a small hut.

I almost forgot about my crow's existence.

Almost.

"Such a pity sight to see," Himejima's loud yet low voice boomed into my ears. "Poor thing." Oh my god, how quick is this man?!

"You're the one to talk," I scoffed as I stared at Himejima's blind eyes, "not like you can see anything."

"And you're the one to talk!" Mitsuri shouted as she ran over as quickly as possible, chasing after Himejima. Obama I tailed behind her. "What made you want to turn into a demon?!"

My throat went dry. I opened my mouth, and tried to speak, but no voice came out. Nothing. My throat remained as dry as a desert, heat radiating off the walls of the throat. After some time, I said, "it wasn't my choice to make."

Mitsuri gave me a look of pity. I didn't know how to respond to it, not anymore. I knew demons didn't have any emotions, I thought I would be able to pretend and act out emotions, but really, I don't even faintly remember how things feel anymore. I tried my best to play along with it.

"You're the first person to have a quirk, now a demon and a Hashira. How much more OP can you get?" Mitsuri tried to joke. I tried to let out a laugh, it just turned out to be a croaky frog-like burp. Mitsuri was understanding. What did I do to deserve all of these people?

"It's sunrise, so I doubt you can walk outside in the sun," Obanai spoke up, "get under your haori and use that as shade." My body moved like it was under some kind of control. I didn't give it any consent to take off my haori and pull it over my head. I did not give it consent to move my legs and walk. I blinked twice, confused.

"At any rate, she needs to be at Shinobu's estate as soon as possible," Mitsuri fussed as she pushed me onto the pathway to Shinobu's estate.

"No need," Shinobu's usual 'happy' Ara Ara voice wasn't present. She sounded neutral, not sad, not angry either, just neutral.

"HOW ARE YOUR LEGS SO FAST?! My crow just sent out a message THREE seconds—," Mitsuri cut me off, "six minutes, actually"— "SAME THING! HOW ARE YALL LEGS SO FAST?!"

Shinobu let out a stifled laugh as she grabbed my hand and ran into the sunlight, not knowing where she's taking me.

_________________________
🦋 Modern Secrets! 🦋
- There are no secrets cuz I can't think of any qwp

HIATUS!