🌸 Missing You 🌸

_______________________________

CHAPTER 8: MISSING YOU

"Todoroki wins--!" Midnight was cut off, because you were shouting out of determination and fear. The crowd had shivers when they heard you yell. It was pure pain.

"RENGOKU!" You shouted, tears brimming out. You jump in the air, catching the man. Rengoku-san is unexpectedly heavy...! You puffed out your cheeks as you struggled to carry the grown man. You land on the ground, out-of-bounds. At this moment, you ran as fast as you could and to Recovery Girl's infirmary, wanting her to help Rengoku as fast as she could.

You excused yourself from the sports festival, staying beside Rengoku's side. Right now, the only family you have here is Rengoku. You think back to the times when Rengoku and you ate food together, yelling 'umai' every bite. That was fun.

"I think this will take quite a long time," Recovery Girl informed you, "you might want to send him to hospital."

"Hospital?" You repeat.

The only hospital that you knew of was Shinobu and her butterfly estate. Shinobu's trying out Western Technology currently, at least the last time you could remember. You just nodded your head as Recovery Girl pulled Rengoku on a bed, then dialling (000)/(911) on her phone.

"Hun, the man's gonna be fine." Recovery Girl reassured. "I did my best to patch up his wounds, but he'll be in hospital for the time being. He needs emergency surgery."

You stayed silent as you heard sirens from far away. Nurses and doctors pulled Rengoku on a bed-on-wheels with care. You jumped on the ambulance as well, sitting quietly beside Rengoku.

"I wish Shinobu was here..." You muttered as you felt your heart pounding with fear. Shinobu knew exactly what to do to calm you down. It was almost like you had an older sister, but you have a weird fuzzy feeling each time Shinobu calms you down.

"Mui-chan..." You muttered, eyes blurry with tears. "I want to fold paper planes now..."

You missed everyone. You wanted to play with Kiriya Ubayashiki and let him tell random stories he made on top of his head. You wanted to be with the hashiras right about now, they're all your family. "Mitsuri's sakura mochi would help right about now."

.

"WHAT?!" The hashiras shouted at the same time when their crows told them the news of Rengoku. "Even Rengoku lost to an upper moon...?"

"Did you hear me correctly?" Shinobu's crow bit her ear. "Rengoku disappeared just like (Your name) did, caw."

That took in some time to digest properly. Does that mean that Rengoku is now where (Your name) is? Shinobu thought as she continued what she was doing earlier; formulating poison. Shinobu decided to give up on that, and went straight to Kanao, who was training by herself in the backyard.

"Kanao." Shinobu gestured for the tsuguko to come toward her. Kanao did what she was told. "Come with me. I may have an idea."

Kanao blinked twice.

"We all miss (Your name)." Shinobu went on, taking Kanao's hands. "And I know (Your name) is someone special to you, and she is also someone special to all the hashiras. If I haven't mistaken anything, if we do exactly what I say, we will also fall into a black abyss."

Kanao gripped on Shinobu's hand tighter. She'd do anything to see you again. All the hashiras would do the same. But that all depends on if Shinobu's reasoning is correct or not.

.

The surgery was a success, and Rengoku was laid unconscious at the hospital, on a white hospital bed in a white room in a white building. You sighed a sigh of relief, knowing your brother* was OK. The stress, homesickness all lifted from all your shoulders, and you felt so light.

You flopped on a chair, calming down your erratic breathing. The time you've been at the hospital was approximately four hours, and you plan on staying in the hospital overnight. You got permission to skip school for three days and three days only, because you had an internship soon.

And you were supposed to choose one internship from three high stacks of papers.

You were just grateful that you could be beside your brother* for the rest of three days, and hopefully he'd wake up. You're amazed by western technology, especially with all the robots roaming around the hospital, asking if you want any refreshments or anything you'd want to drink. You drank (favourite drink) all day. You totally didn't forget that there was a bill.

.

"Are you sure this is going to work, Kocho?" Giyu asked, but of course, he was ignored. Shinobu and the rest of the hashiras, but Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke also tagged along. Oyakata-sama does not know anything about this.

"Shouldn't we tell Oyakata-sama first?" Mitsuri gulped. She's nervous, but excited at the same time.

The demon slayers arrived at the Natagumo Mountain. Shinobu did her magic, expecting a black abyss to swallow the demon slayers up, but nothing happened. They tried, and tried, even Muichiro was getting restless.

"Nah, this isn't going to work." Iguro groaned. "This isn't. We've been here since two a.m., and nothing has happened!"

It's been exactly twenty-four hours. Shinobu's master plan didn't work at all. The demon slayers walked back to their estate in disappointment, but Inosuke, Zenitsu and Tanjiro were on a mission with Uzui, so they continued walking forward to the Red Light District.

*You say brother because Rengoku is like a brother to you. Rengoku calls you 'little sister' as well.

___________________________

🦋 Taisho Secrets! 🦋

- The hashiras all wished that Shinobu's master plan worked.

- Mitsuri fell asleep, and is in Obanai's care. 

- (Your name)'s internship papers had a total of 34 internship papers. One of those 34 was Endeavour's internship offer.