🌸 Exams 🌸

_____________________________

CHAPTER 16: EXAMS

Exams. Nothing fun to talk about here, but maybe the fact that Todoroki wanted to grab lunch with you after the exams today. In fact, Kanao, Tanjiro, Inosuke and Zenitsu are enrolled in UA as well, Class 1-B, that is. Kanao didn't know how to face you after the incident last night, so did you. You sighed as you slumped onto your seat.

"Umu! I heard this class is going to take a test today! I'm going to be a substitute teacher for today!" You sat back up when you heard Rengoku's voice. "After these papers are handed out, start the test immediately! Umu!"

You stayed stunned in your seat. Muichiro on the other hand kind of expected this to happen, almost. Once Rengoku got to your table and handed out the test paper, he grinned widely. "I don't expect you two pillars to pass this test!" Rengoku laughed.

"Quiet! Other people are taking the test right now!" You hissed. "But you're right, I probably won't pass." Rengoku laughed in response and continued handing out the test papers. The class eyed you a little suspiciously. You sighed as you looked at your maths test, and read out the first question in your head. Shoot. I forgot how to do algebra. You thought as you stared at the first question. Did algebra even exist in the Taisho Period?! You rubbed your head as you circled 'b'.

It definitely wasn't the correct answer, but you couldn't care less. When you got the test back, the gods may have blessed you with extreme luck. You've been guessing every single math question, since your mind still can't erase what happened last night with Kanao. You've been guessing every single question and yet, you got them all correct. Apart from the first question.

"Are you and the teacher in a relationship or something?" Kaminari asked as he looked at your test paper. "I know you haven't studied at all!"

"That's true that I didn't study." You admitted. "But he's not my lover or anything, Rengoku is my brother!" You grinned widely. The class stared at the substitute teacher, then at you. They repeated the process for another good two minutes.

"You two don't look alike." Momo lifts an eyebrow. "Like, nothing alike! You have flower shaped pupils, but Rengoku-sensei doesn't!"

"It's a long story," you say, still grinning, "but, we're brother and sister with no blood relations."

.

You were walking down the corridors of UA, preparing to go home, but then you remembered that you were forgetting something. You were forgetting something, but you couldn't quite put your finger on it. You weren't paying attention much, but felt your phone vibrate in your pocket. You reached for your phone, and found that it was Todoroki texting you. Do you want to meet at the school's entrance?

You blinked twice, then it finally hit you. "I was supposed to grab lunch with Todoroki!" It wasn't lunchtime at all, it was after school. You guessed it was because Todoroki also forgot about this. You still couldn't figure out how to use a phone, so you did another thumbs up emoji and typed a literal story using emojis. When Todoroki saw this, he couldn't help but laugh a little.

You met up with Todoroki near the entrance, holding two boba drinks. "Thank you." You whispered as Todoroki handed you a boba drink. "What's the things inside?"

"Boba." Todoroki replied. "Have you not had these?"

"Hm." You took a sip out of the boba drink, and instantly fell in love with it. "It's delicious! I need to get more of these boba drinks and give them to Shinobu and the others!"

"You look at everything like it's new to you," Todoroki observed, "it's almost like you're from the past." When you heard that, you choked on a boba, then slowly nodded. "Anywho, I'm visiting my mother, I thought it would be nice if you tagged along."

"I wouldn't mind it," you nod again, "but Kyojurou-nii, Giyu-nii and Muichiro might not. In fact, everyone in my family might not!" You half-heartedly laughed. "I'm sure they'd understand."

There was silence after you finished talking, sipping on your boba drink. Todoroki just walked forward, walking toward the mental hospital which his mother stayed in. You decided to not question anything, just in case it triggers something. You've had tons of missions that involved triggering memories that you didn't want to remember, just like you killed your parents and comrades. When you have to tell the passed demon slayer's families that their beloved son, daughter, mother or father died, there are usually two outcomes. They accept it, or they don't.

In fact, when the people who won't accept it, they'd throw a fit and attack you, but they eventually accepted it, and some of their family members become demon slayers to avenge their deaths.

"We're here." Todoroki nudged you, and you snapped out of your thoughts. "My mother's in this room."

_____________________________

A/N
I'm not having the best day right now. I failed maths, and I just want some time off story-writing and study for my next upcoming tests.

I hope you understand!

I'm also sorry if this chapter isn't up to your standards, it was rushed since I'm under a ton of stress right now!