🌸 Picnic 🌸

_________________________

CHAPTER 15: PICNIC

The first thing Zenitsu did was hug your knees, asking your hand in marriage. Inosuke wanted to fight you so he'd be the strongest; and so he'd be a hashira too. You deadpanned, since you need to kill 50 demons or kill a twelve kizuki to be a hashira, not just by fighting a hashira. Muichiro was busy talking to Tanjiro, Kanao and Shinobu are coming over soon with food. You're gonna have a huge picnic.

You laughed at Tanjiro's silly yet playful comrades. "It's completely OK! In fact, Zenitsu reminds me of Denki and Mineta. It's almost like the two merged into the same body. I personally despise Mineta, he's a huge pervert." Zenitsu sweatdropped. He wasn't a huge pervert, but he won't deny that there were some times when he was being a pervert.

"Inosuke, is that a boar-mask?" You asked, ruffling Inosuke's mask. It was surprisingly soft. "How'd you get it?"

"HAH! I got it when hunting! I'm the king of the mountains!" Inosuke puts his hands on his hips, obviously very proud. "I'm stronger than Monitsu and Gompachiro!" You blinked twice when you heard him mispronounce his comrade's names. It's cute.

"Inosuke doesn't know how to read and write..." Tanjiro explained sheepishly, setting up the picnic blanket. "That reminds me, (Last name)-san, aren't you and Tokito-kun supposed to be in school?"

"Drop the formalities! We're equal." You laughed, getting a sandwich from the picnic basket Shinobu and Kanao brought over. "We ditched school today." You took a bite out of your sandwich, and munched on it happily.

"EH? Is that okay?" Tanjiro asked, a little frantic. "You could get a good education, you know?"

"Nah." You say, swallowing your food. You're still being polite, and not speaking while eating food. "It's boring, school. Truth be told, it isn't as fun as I thought it would be. Only break times are fun."

Tanjiro hummed in response as he took a sandwich, giving it to Inosuke. You glanced at Tanjiro. "Aren't you going to eat it? It's delicious."

"I'll eat mine later," Tanjiro replied, smiling, "I heard from Shinobu that you think demons are tragic creatures as well. That reminds me, you weren't here when we had the trial..." There was clear nervousness in his voice. "My sister's a demon. Don't worry! She hasn't eaten a single person when she was turned!"

You lifted an eyebrow, but nodded anyway. At first you didn't believe him, but the fact that his sister is still safe means that the hashiras have accepted her. "I believe you," you said, reaching in the picnic basket for another sandwich.

"If you want to see her, she's right behind me." Tanjiro pointed at the box he was carrying. "Nezuko's in there." You opened the box, and stared at Nezuko in awe. She's so cute! You internally screamed inside, fangirling.

"Has Zenitsu asked Nezuko for marriage yet?" You joked as you played with the demon's hair. Tanjiro nodded, while looking down in embarrassment. "That's not surprising. Your sister's a beauty!"

The compliment wasn't directed at him, but he felt a huge wave of proud-ness. Tanjiro nodded in agreement, finally giving himself a sandwich to eat. There was a nice, peaceful silence then, until Inosuke decided to ruin the moment, snatching Tanjiro's sandwich and eating it in front of him. Zenitsu was trying to restrain the wild boar, but it wasn't working. You expected Tanjiro to be mad, but he gladly offered the rest of his food on his plate.

Your eyes widened. He's like an older brother. You observed, remembering the times when Rengoku and Giyu treated you like that. Tanjiro doesn't get mad, and you respect that. "Where's Mui-chan?" You asked out of nowhere.

"Oh, the mist pillar dude? He went to the bathroom." Zenitsu pointed at the bottom of the hill, where a small hut sat, and that was the bathroom out in the middle of the forest. Your mouth formed an 'O' shape as you continued eating sandwiches. "Come to think of it, where are the other hashiras?"

"Tomioka-san isn't invited." Shinobu said while taking a sandwich. "Afterall, he's got no friends. Not including you, (Your name)-chan."

"Chan?" You repeated. "Since when did you call me that? Also, how dare you say that to Giyu-nii! He's a nice person!" You huffed.

Shinobu looked flustered. The word '-chan' just slipped out of her mouth. She quietly nibbled on her food as Kanao watched Shinobu get flustered over and over again. Truth be told, Kanao was a little jealous, but she couldn't do anything, could she? Kanao sighed as she took some jelly out of her pocket. It was (favourite flavour).

"Kanao, can I have that jello?" You asked, pointing at the jelly in her hands. "It's OK if you don't want to." Kanao simply blinked twice, and handed you the jelly. "Thank you Kanao! I owe you!" After you thanked the girl, you hugged Kanao as another form of thanks, leaving Kanao flustered as well. You unwrapped the jelly's wrapping, and gleefully sucked on it. Tanjiro blinked twice before smiling too.

"To answer your other question, (Your name), the other pillars had other things to do. Oyakata-sama's orders. I bet Mitsuri and Obanai's on a date. It's taken them way too much time hiding their feelings for each other." Shinobu said calmly once she wasn't flustered anymore. You nod, finishing your jelly and reaching out for another sandwich. "You're eating too much." Shinobu glared at you. "There won't be many for the others here!" Shinobu pointed at a flustered Kanao, Tanjiro, Inosuke, Zenitsu and a few others. Genya looked a little flustered, but not as much.

"Sorry..." You muttered. "This'll be my last one. It's so delicious! Who made these?"

"Aoi." Shinobu replied, munching on her own sandwich. "Kanao was involved too."

.

Once the picnic was over, Kanao walked up to you when no one was watching, and gave you a small peck on the cheek. "I just really wanted to do that for a very long time..." Kanao said with a red face, not to mention your face was red as well. Kanao gripped onto her coin tightly, the coin she just tossed to decide whether to kiss you or not. "I'm sorry...!"

After that, Kanao literally ran away from you, while you were still processing on what happened, face red and flustered.

___________________________________

🦋 Taisho Secrets! 🦋

- Shinobu was a bit jealous of Kanao. Yup, Shinobu saw Kanao kissing you qwq 

- Shinobu was still glad that Kanao was following her heart little by little.

- Inosuke didn't mind if he lost to you, and completely flopped when he noticed what he was thinking.