🌸 Butterfly Sisters 🌸

_______________________________

CHAPTER 14: SHINOBU & KANAO

You're going to the shops to get some groceries for the lonely UA dorms. No one really lives there from your class, but Rengoku and Muichiro have dorms here as well. Well, Muichiro's been nagging you to get some radish so you could make simmered radish, but Rengoku started nagging you to make sweet potatoes.

"Really? Mui-chan, Nii-san," you grumbled at Rengoku and Muichiro while lifting two bags full of groceries, "you really want the whole GoWorths, don't you?"

You stared at Rengoku, who was literally hugging five bags stuffed with snacks and sweet potatoes. Muichiro on the other hand had a whole bag full of radish. You didn't even know if you had enough money to buy all of it, so you kind of bargained with the sales woman. "Oh look! It's a trolley!" You point at a trolley. You've seen people pulling this 'trolley' to put their groceries in. Even though the bags weren't heavy (they are very heavy to the sales woman), you still decided to get a trolley.

"Mui-chan." You looked at Muichiro with a small disapproving look while laughing. Muichiro got into the trolley, and Rengoku stuffed his bags in the trolley, and started running. You didn't even put your bags on the trolley, so you had to run after Rengoku with two bags.

"RENGOKU-NII!" You shouted, the tone of your voice was slightly angry and slightly giddy and happy. You stopped running when Rengoku stopped pushing the trolley. Muichiro got out of the trolley, and you had absolutely no idea what's happening.

When you got closer, you found two familiar people; a butterfly pin in their hair. You couldn't describe how happy you were, and lunged yourself at Shinobu and Kanao, giving them the biggest hug ever.

"I missed you." You whispered out, still hugging the two. Kanao returned the hug as well.

"We missed you too." Shinobu whispered back, releasing the hug. "The hashiras are here, too."

"Umu!" Rengoku put his hands on his hips as Muichiro stared off into space.

.

"Hmm..." Shinobu muttered as she munched on some sweet potato while listening to your explanations about this world. Muichiro and Rengoku were outside, doing whatever they pleased. "So we are in the future."

"Yes." You confirmed, sitting beside Shinobu on your bed. "I'm a student here, too. I'm sure they'd want Kanao and... Tanjiro, was it? I haven't met him before, but I hope we get along."

"You will." Shinobu smiled. "After all, Kamado Tanjiro-kun has the same beliefs as you. Both of you think demons are tragic." I can never bring myself to think that, no matter how hard I tried. Shinobu thought, but she didn't say that out loud.

"I agree that they're tragic." You purse your lips, lying on your bed. "But if you look at it, don't you think demons are like humans?"

Shinobu didn't respond. She couldn't bring herself to think like that, either. Demons are cruel, Humans are the victims. But for you, it's the opposite. "Demons were all humans before. They have their own regrets in life. Plus, every reason a human is turned into a demon, is because of us humans. If you think about it, Kanao's past, her parents were the devils. Demons are like humans, don't you think?"

"You suck at explaining." Shinobu grumbled, but nodded, agreeing what you were saying. "To sum up what you said, demons are a metaphor for us humans?"

"Basically." You confirmed, staring at the ceiling.

"I can't bring myself to think like that," Shinobu sighed, "no matter how much I want to sympathise with demons, I just can't."

"That's fine." You closed your eyes. "Not everyone would think that way, after all, demon's been preying on humanity. Muzan's the true demon."

Shinobu didn't respond. Kanao was sleeping on a rug on the floor. She insisted that she didn't need the bed for sleeping on, but you pulled your blanket off your bed, and draped it over Kanao.

Seconds later, the door slammed down, revealing the other hashiras. Especially Shinazugawa, who dragged you out the room, demanding an explanation. And to give him some ohagi.

.

First thing in the morning, and you didn't feel like going to school. Like, at all. You laid on top of your bed, and stared at the ceiling. That was when you realised: it's Monday. Nothing's special with Mondays, but only today. You and Muichiro promised each other to go cloud-gazing, until the written exams start. In fact, you couldn't care less failing the written exams. You ditched Monday.

"(YOUR NAME)!" Muichiro barged into your room, lifted you up from your futon, and raced outside, carrying you. "I called Tanjiro over, too!"

Tanjiro. The name echoed in your head. I wonder what he is like? Shinobu complimented him, so I bet he's a good person.

To your surprise, when you and Muichiro arrived at a hill surrounded by nature, Tanjiro brought along some of his friends. Not just some friends, but maybe the whole demon slayer corps that were here. When the demon slayers first met you, they just stared at you. In fact, you were pretty sure that they forgot how to breathe.

"Mui-chan, is this Kamado-kun?" You asked, pointing at a boy with hanafuda earrings. Muichiro nodded as he went up to the boy. "Yeah! He helped me remember." Muichiro smiled.

"That's the Sakura Pillar..." Tanjiro breathed. "I'm so sorry I was staring! Oh, these two are my comrades, Inosuke and Zenitsu."

The first thing Zenitsu did was hug your knees, asking your hand in marriage. 

_________________________________

🦋 Taisho Secrets! 🦋

- Genya and Shinazugawa are there as well :3

- Rengoku likes messing around with you.

- You have no idea how freaked out Class 1-A was when you didn't come to class.