The party

"no pressure or anything but if you do this, we'll go down in history as legends," Steve spoke to Nat, anxiously waiting for his best friend to throw the white ball into the cup. The table was surrounded by people staring at them both. It was Nat and Steve against Peter Q and Shuri. The other team had never lost against anyone, but at this point, that could change. Nat just had to land this ball into their last standing cup.

"No ... pressure..." she sighed before taking a deep breath and throwing the ball ... smoothly into the cup.

Steve raised his best friend in a hug and shrieked in victory along with the other people surrounding them. Defeated, Shuri downed the drink in the cup. "Well played guys, well played," she said afterward with a grin.

"I'm going to get something to drink, do you want some?" Nat yelled over the loud music in Steve's direction.

"Yeah sure," he shouted back in response, equally loud, before continuing his little victory dance.

While laughing, Nat made her way to the kitchen where the drinks were, stumbling a bit on the way due to the fact that she had already had a few things to drink. When she turned the corner, she bumped into someone. "watch out" The blunt voice with the all too well-known accent spoke. "oh, my lab partner" Wanda said in a less blunt voice when she saw that it was Nat who she bumped into. Nat just watched the girl that was blocking her path to the kitchen. She didn't even know she was at the party. I mean, yes, there were a lot of people here so it would be impossible to know about everyone who was or wasn't here, but Wanda normally never went to these kinds of parties.

"What are you doing here?" Nat said abruptly to the girl across from her.

"isn't it obvious? I'm here to watch the Olympics" Wanda replied sarcastically, before sipping from her cup.

"yeah, okay. nice talk." Nat responded as she rolled her eyes in annoyance, and stepped around the girl to get the drinks she promised Steve.

"I didn't think I'd see you here, don't you normally have to do your homework or something?" Wanda's voice was heard behind Nat as she followed her into the kitchen before leaning on the kitchen island with her arms. Nat just shook her head and ignored her as she took the drinks. "and she drinks too ??" Wanda said in a pretended-shocked voice, motioning to the drinks. "You keep surprising me, maybe you're not as boring as I thought." She smirked as she leaned forward. Nat looked at the girl who was standing on the other side of the island. She didn't understand why she was suddenly speaking to her this much. After the first day of school, they have barely said a word to each other, so why is she doing this all of a sudden? "Why are you talking to me?" she asked the girl abruptly, Normally She would never have asked this, but because of the few drinks she had, she just did it. Wanda squinted her eyes and frowned in response. It seemed as if she had yet to find that answer herself.

"hmm, I'll see you Monday. lab partner." Wanda just answered before she left the kitchen and walked into the crowd.

"That's not what I-," Nat said after her before she saw the girl had already vanished into the crowd.

The party went on for a few more hours and it slowly started to come to an end. Steve was absolutely wasted. He leaned on Bucky, who was still completely sober, for support as they got to the car.

Clint now sat in the front passenger seat and Carol took already her spot in the back of the car. Together with Bucky, Nat tried to get Steve in the backseat, but due to the fact that she was a bit drunk, this just wasn't that easy to do. When they finally managed to get him in the car, Steve looked at her and Bucky and flashed them a silly drunken smile.