temporary vandalism

The last month of their high school career had officially started. And although the group of friends tried their best to fill the last couple of months with memories they would keep and cherish for a lifetime, right now, they all felt the pressure of the drastic change coming.

They wouldn't be together every day like they were now. Sure, they would still have contact with each other of course, but it won't be the same, not like it was right now.

But at this moment right now? Nat was just happy that she could still enjoy having some of her favorite people on the planet close to her.

"Are we really doing this?" Nat asked one more time to make sure as she was starting to doubt a little whether they should really do this or not. She glanced around at her friends, who- like her, were hiding behind the bush, only seeing a little of them through the light of the moon.

"...Uhm yeah" Steve was the first to respond, but the uncertainty lacing his words wasn't really exactly what she was looking for. "I mean, Yes. We are." He corrected himself and they glanced around at the others.

"I mean...What's the worst that could happen? Bucky asked with a nervous chuckle.

"Oh, I don't know? Jail." Carol deadpanned, causing everyone to immediately look at her with a not-so amused look. "I'm kidding!... I think?"

"Yeah no, probably not jail," Wanda tried to reassure everyone, but there was that tiny word in her sentence that Nat didn't really like.

" what do you mean, Probably???"

"Calm down," Wanda chuckled before placing her hand on Nat's. "We're not even using permanent spray paint, it'll wash off with just a drop of water," She reassured her, this time a bit more effective than her previous attempt and Nat gave a slow nod before smiling.

"Okay, let's do this," Nat said and brought herself slowly up from the ground, looking around so no one would see them, and rushed over to the statue in front of their school that was their school mascot.

They all started to work on it.

Carol went for the tactic to make it seem like it was wearing a bikini.

Nat made it have glorious green hair.

Bucky made it look like it was wearing nice pink shoes.

Wanda went to give the face some funny details.

And Steve-

"STEVE!" Nat shouted with a whisper when she saw what he did. "You can't spray paint your name on it! it takes away the whole, 'Who did this?!?' factor!"

"Oh, right," He responded as if the realization had just hit and he went to cover it up, making it look like it had a black hole in the middle. The others couldn't help but laugh a bit at what he did and Bucky walked over to give him a small kiss.

"He may not be the brightest sometimes, but the moonlight sure makes him the most beautiful," Bucky said after the two broke apart and almost immediately got a response from Carol pretending she was puking. "Shut up Danvers, what about your Wade?" He responded with a smirk.

"That is classified Bucksters," Carol kept her head high, before letting out a short laugh.

The group finished up their slightly illegal art project and got out of there as quickly as possible. It was around 1:30AM, but it seemed like not a single one of them had the urge to go home. So they quickly found themselves just wandering around town with no destination really in mind.

"You know," Carol suddenly spoke, breaking the comfortable silence they had around them. "I was wondering...how does one get ahold of the key from the janitor's closet?" She asked and almost in an instant became Nat's face a bright shade of red before she quickly looked over to Wanda who had trouble containing her grin.

"I don't know? Become a janitor?" Bucky responded, completely missing the atmosphere that Carol just created by asking that.

"You told her about that??" Wanda whispered to Nat with an amused smile.

"No! She just took my phone from me in the middle of us texting about it!" Nat explained but failed a bit in keeping her voice silent enough so that the other didn't hear.

"Wait...." Bucky rushed to walk in front of the group and stopped before turning around so they had to come to a stop. "You two -" He looked between Nat and Wanda. "....IN THE JANITOR'S CLOSET???"

"Bingo," Carol responded instead.

"Why didn't we do that?" Steve suddenly said to Bucky with a raised eyebrow and his hands on his hips.

"Oh, I'm sorry? Do you happen to have a key to it?" Bucky mimicked his posture and Steve's facial expression softened instantly.

"Sooooo, you're telling me that if I had. We would?" He smiled cheesily, causing Bucky to roll his eyes before walking towards him and throwing his arm around him.

"You should watch out for the rack though, you barely touch it and shit begins the fall off," Wanda said as if she was giving a tips and tricks course about how to best hook up in that closet.

"Hey, no, stop, that 's our thing!" Nat quickly responded with a frown. "They can find their own hideout," She added with crossed arms, but walked up to Wanda and placed herself against her, hinting for her to wrap her arms around her.

"Right, I'm sorry," Wanda said softly with a smile, placing her head on top of Nat's.

And then suddenly a flash appeared, aimed at the two.

"Oops, sorry," Carol spoke as she lowered her phone back. "Cute picture though," she added with a sheepish smile.