Bleacher talk

Nat pushed open the doors to the football field and immediately looked over to the bleachers to search for Wanda. But as she looked for her it seemed she wasn't there yet. So she took a seat on the top of the bleachers to wait for her.

Today seemed like it was going to be a good day for her but it turned around so quickly. First with Peter P who gave Nat more than enough stress than anyone should have in the morning. Then Wanda's weird response that only added more stress. Her math teacher who called her out in front of the whole class. And then to top it off, Steve who despises the person Nat really likes. This day was just stress after stress for Nat and she was done with it.

Her attention shot up when she heard the door open and Wanda appear with it. She watched Wanda look around, looking for her until she spotted her, and a soft smile formed on her face. Wanda made her way up to her and placed herself next to Nat.

But before she could say anything, Nat spoke.

"Uh-What did that 'cool.' mean. I may be totally overthinking this, but there's something about a single-word answer that ends with a period that stresses me out. And I've had enough stress today to leave this unanswered. Because I think quite frankly I'll explode otherwise," She spoke at a fast pace without taking a breather. Leaving Wanda with an open mouth. "Also, hi," She quickly added.

"Hi," Wanda chuckled after hearing Nat's quick talk. "And about that stupid text from me..." Wanda sighed before turning completely towards Nat so that she was sitting with both legs over each side of the bench. "I'm sorry about that, I had a stupid thought that just took over for a second."

"What was it?" Nat questioned curiously as she placed herself in the same position as Wanda so they were facing each other.

"You texted something like 'Worst-case scenario was they'd see us', and I guess I felt like you'd be ashamed to be seen with me or be-yeah- I don't know like I said it was stupid," Wanda answered as she was looking everywhere but at Nat.

"Hey no, it's not stupid. Your feelings are valid," Nat said softly as she took Wanda's hand in hers. "I'm sorry for making you feel that way, that was absolutely not what I meant by that. It was a poor choice of words." She continued as she searched for Wanda's eyes. "I'm not embarrassed to be seen with you, Wanda,"

Wanda looked at Nat and the two finally made the eye contact Nat was looking for.

"I really like you, Romanoff," Wanda said all of a sudden, sending waves of happiness through Nat's body.

"Just don't send lame responses and instead just call me out for my bad choice of words. You know how I feel about you, that hasn't changed." Nat just went for it and said what she wanted to say.

"And you can call me out any time when I give you a lame response," Wanda chuckled as she rubbed her thumb over Nat's hand. "Now, tell me what else stressed you out today,"

"Oh this is going to take a while," Nat sighed.

----------------------------

"Yikes, Steve is really not a fan of me huh?" Wanda asked after Nat decided to tell her about how Steve acted during lunch. Not with all the details, of course.

"He could if he would know youuu," Nat hinted with an innocent smile.

"I don't think that-" Wanda tried to protest, but was quickly interrupted.

"Clint is having a party Friday come over and try to say something nice to him? Please," Nat practically begged. "Even a simple hello is fine. I just don't want him to keep thinking you're this 'bad' person...."

"I don't know, I kinda like it," Wanda laughed, but quickly pulled herself together when she saw Nat's serious look. "...Okay, I'll say something nice to Steve," She gave in with a soft smile.

"Thank you," Nat smiled widely and kissed Wanda on her cheek in gratitude without thinking twice about where they were.

"Wow there Romanoff this school has a strict no-PDA rule," Wanda said and a fake-serious voice as she gave made a cross with her arms.

"They can write me up, It's not like anyone is here beside us," Nat smirked, resulting in Wanda biting her lip in the surprise of the answer.

"And What if Steve happened to see it?" Wanda asked with a knowing look.

"...Let's keep the PDA in check until after the party," Nat quickly changed her mind. Just before the bell rang.

"That's what I thought," Wanda laughed before standing up. "Oh! Have fun meeting your mom's mysterious man,"

"Stop I had just forgotten about that..." Nat buried her face in her hands but felt a kiss placed on her head seconds later. a hidden smile for Wanda forming on her lips.

"See you tomorrow Romanoff," she heard Wanda say followed by her footsteps making her way off the bleacher.

Still enjoying her good conversation from just now, Nat stayed on the bleacher for a while. Who would've thought that telling how you feel could result in something positive?