Shopping spree with the Devils Spawn

"I don't like this."

"What? Can't a person ask her only sister to hang out?" Nat huffed as she and Yelena were in the car on their way to the mall.

"It's not normal if you ask," Yelena crossed her arms over her seat belt with skepticism written all over her face.

"Can you at least pretend that you're excited to hang out with me? Jeez,"

"Are you buying me ice cream?"

"Fine," Nat agreed to her demand.

"Then I'll pretend to have fun,"

After a 15 minute drive that mostly consisted of silence. The two sisters arrived at the mall and with convincing Yelena to invite Kate on the trip in Nat's mind, this hangout had to run smoothly.

"What do you think of this one?" Nat held out a sweater for Yelena to give her opinion on.

"Looks like someone vomited on it." Her sister replied after only giving it half a second of a glimpse before browsing further.

"Alriiiight...Noted," Nat quickly hung it back in the rack and walked to the other side of the one where Yelena was looking. "So, this trip, you excited?"

"Yup," With little interest in the conversation, her sister just continued looking around.

"But like, Kinda Sucks that you're going to be the third wheel all weekend, huh?" And with that, it seemed that Nat had caught her sister's attention.

"What do you mean?" Yelena questioned confused.

"I mean, mom has David. Wanda is coming along, so I have her. That leaves you with...?" Nat knew this was kinda fucked up for her to word like this, but on the other hand, she knew it wasn't a lie.

"...Right," Yelena nodded and had a look in her eyes of pure realization. "I uh-I have to make a call. I'll be right back," she added as she already grabbed her phone, dialed someone, and turned herself to speak more privately. "Mom? Yeah hi, uh is it possible to bring Kate-" Nat could hear her say before she was out of hearing reach and felt like she had just completed a spy's mission with 100% success.

It wasn't long before Yelena came back.

"Kate's coming too," She stated simply as she continued browsing through clothes.

"Oh really? I mean if it's something you want, I'm okay with that," Nat answered as she turned herself around to hide a smile.

"There's like nothing in this store that even looks remotely good," Yelena brushed the subject away. "Can we go to another one?"

"Yeah sure, let's go," Nat agreed and they both walked out of the store to find another one. One of many, many, many stores they visited that day.

After a couple of hours spent in the mall, they arrived back at their home. Bringing new clothes in Yelena's case and new decdefinitelyr bedroom in Nat's case. Looking past the small bickering, it was actually quite okay.

°On FaceTime°

"Look! I bought a cactus!" Nat proudly said as she turned her camera so that Wanda could see it properly.

"We should definetly name it, we can't let it live without an identity!" Wanda put on her best serious voice causing Nat to chuckle.

"Oh? 'Our' cactus?" Nat turned her camera back around and crooked up her eyebrow. "So you're willing to pay child support? Water isn't cheap y'know,"

"Nat, Sweetie, a cactus needs next to nothing. Please tell me you knew that. I can't sit here and not know whether or not you will drown our child,"

"Shut up," Nat smiled and plopped herself down on her bed. "Oh guess what!" Wanda gave her a curious look. "Kate is coming on the trip too,"

"The more the merrier," Wanda responded, but Nat kept wiggling her eyebrows. "What is it?" She asked with a chuckle.

"That means we will be roomies, just you and me," Nat explained, and that widened Wanda's eyes slightly, but still noticeable.

"I very much support the idea of ​​Kate coming along," She smirked before biting her lip to suppress it.

"Happy to hear that. Now, you know that I love nothing more than to talk to you, but I feel like I'm going to fall asleep any minute," Nat spoke softly.

"That's okay, I'll see you tomorrow." Wanda smiled.

"Good night," Nat yawned.

"Good night," 

--------

Sorry I haven't updated for a while. Life was kinda hectic and then came the hollidays which made it even more hectic. Soooo, here's a (kinda small) chapter. I hope you enjoyed reading the book untill now, I at least loved writing it (still do!)I'll try to update whenever I have some free time! :)