Lost Friendships

"Uh? No?" Wanda simply answered him as she crossed her arms, making Nat gave her a short look. "What? I just said what we both thought?" Wanda shrugged at her.

"Look, I know I fucked up but,"

"What? you don't say?" Wanda interrupted him in a sarcastic tone. "But seriously didn't you just hear me say no?" She added.

"I just want to apologize, I never should've done the things I did," He continued to talk and looked at the both of them. "I'm sorry," He added quickly before Wanda had a chance to break his sentence.

"Clint-" Nat rubbed her forehead along with a sigh. "I don't know what you expect from me? Do you want me to tell you to become best buds again and act like those things never happened? 

"Cause I'm sorry, I can't do that,"

"That makes two of us," Wanda added under her breath, annoyed at the sight of him.

"Yeah, I didn't expect you to," He nodded in understanding with a saddened smile. "I just wanted you to know that I was sorry, both of you," He slowly started to back away, before he disappeared into the crowd.

"Well-" Wanda inhaled. "That was awkward," She chuckled out.

"Please don't make a joke out of this," Nat answered seriously to her, causing her chuckle to falter a bit. "It's not funny. He was one of my best friends,"

"Uhm yeah, until he chose to fuck that all up?" Wanda replied with a slightly confused look on her face at the way Nat reacted. "Wait- you're not seriously starting to feel bad for him right?" She asked when she tried to decipher the look on Nat's face, but she didn't get a reply. "Jesus christ Natasha," Wanda huffed out in frustration and turned to walk away from her.

"I didn't even say anything?!" Nat spoke before walking after her, all the way to the backyard before Wanda would look back at her.

"Trust me, you didn't need to," Wanda held her hand up to her.

"What has gotten into you???" Nat frowned in disbelief at the girl in front of her as she couldn't believe the way she was talking. "Look, I don't plan on forgiving him any time soon, what he did was way too fucked up for that, but I'm also not planning on staying mad at him for my entire life??! He was a huge part of it, so please! Am I allowed to feel a little shitty for not forgiving him just hoping that everything magically would be all right and be back like it used to be?? I don't need You to make me feel more shitty okay!" Nat let it all come out at once, accompanied by a single tear rolling down her cheek by the frustration she had about it all.

"Shit-" Wanda cursed to herself before walking up to Nat and wrapping her arms around her. 

"I'm sorry," She laid her head on top of Nat's. "I was just-...so mad at him when I saw him, that I didn't think about how you felt...I'm sorry" She apologizes again, still holding onto Nat as she felt her relax against her, causing Wanda to let out a small sigh of relief, knowing that the blonde wasn't that mad anymore at her.

"It's fine," Nat sniffed with a weak smile as she slowly pulled away from Wanda's embrace.

"No it's not," Wanda answered as she wiped another tear away from Nat's cheek with her thumb. "That wasn't right from me. I should think more about what you've lost," She said with her hand still lingering to the side of Nat's face.

"Thank you," Nat said appreciatively before bringing her lips towards Wanda's.

"NAT! WANDA!" Steve yelled at them from inside the house. "Stop being a cliché by making out in the backyard of a party and come join us playing beer pong!"