Dinner Part 1

Nat exited her car as they arrived at her home. She started walking to her front door but looked back in confusion when she didn't hear a second car door open and close. She walked back over to the car and walked around to Wanda's side.

"Pretty sure you have to get out of the car first, before you can meet them," Nat chuckled as she lowered herself so she could look at Wanda through the passenger window.

"Uhu. Yeah, I'm getting out," Wanda responded with a stress-tremble in her voice as she looked over at Nat through the window. Yet, she didn't move.

"c'mon, Open the door," Nat told sweetly, knowing exactly what's happening. Wanda just pulled the door handle to make the lock pop, but Nat opened the door. Nat lowered herself so she squatted next to Wanda, who was still seated in the car. "What's going on in that beautiful head of yours?" Nat asked as she took Wanda's hand in hers.

"So i-uh I may have overplayed my 'I'm not nervous, and just excited' thing," Wanda confessed as she glanced down at Nat with a nervous chuckle.

"You're cute," Nat said in Awe. "Now let's go," She stood back up, pulling Wanda quickly out of the car with her, leaving her no time to react.

"Wait!-What if they don't like me? There aren't really a lot of people who find me likable, " Wanda quickly spoke as she stayed put next to the car.

"They will like you, trust me," Nat reassured her before she practically shoved her to the front door, making Wanda laugh. "Just be friendly and you're good," Nat kissed her on the cheek before opening the front door.

"I can do that," Wanda nodded, gaining again a bit of self-confidence.

"I'm home!" Nat announced and they immediately heard someone rushing towards them. Chased by the sound of her Nat's mom yelling to Yelena to calm down.

"Hi, Wanda! I'm Yelena. You'll soon notice that I'm way cooler than Natasha," Yelena greeted Wanda while being slightly out of breath from her sprint. Nat just rolled her eyes at her sisters' antics.

"Nice to meet you," Wanda chuckled at the unexpectedness of this.

"Very funny Yel," Nat brushed past her and took Wanda's hand in hers so she could lead her into the kitchen to finally introduce to her mom.

"She was nice," Wanda squeezed Nat's hand slightly.

"She's...something, don't know if nice is the word I would use" Nat just replied with a chuckle. They both walked into the kitchen where they saw Nat's mom focused on cooking. "Hey mom," Nat said simply before glancing over to Wanda which gave her an instant smile on her face. "So uh- Wanda, mom. Mom, Wanda," She simply introduced the two as she motioned between them.

"I'm happy to finally meet you, Wanda," her mom came from behind the counter with a smile while simultaneously wiping her hands, before reaching out to shake her hand.

"Likewise Ma'am," Wanda tried to show as little signs of nervousness as possible in her voice, but her noticeable shaky hand as she held it out, gave her pretty much away. Nat couldn't help but let out a small laugh as she noticed.

"Oh please, call me Melina," Nat's mom replied to her with a face that said she noticed it too. "I hope you like Pasta because I think I'm making a bit too many proportions," She looked behind her at the big pot on the fire.

"Mom are you trying to feed the whole town??" Nat looked in shock as she looked at the size of it.

"Blame David, he chose the recipe," her mom put her arms up before walking back behind the counter to continue cooking. "So Wanda," She started, making Wanda fasten her grip on Nat's hand. "How are you doing at school? You a good student?"

"Mom???" In astonishment about the questions, her mom asked, Nat, reacted before Wanda could.

"What?? I'm sorry that I'm interested in the person my daughter is dating," her mom defended herself before glancing back at Wanda in anticipation.

"No, it's completely fine," Wanda said before looking at Nat with a grin. "I-uh I get good grades," She directed back to Melina who happily nodded in approval. Wanda did good grades, but a 'good' student was maybe not the term people would think of first when they would describe her.

"I don't like to admit this, but Wanda is actually better than me at Chem," Nat breathed out as if it was the hardest thing she had ever said.

"Wow Really?" Melina reacted surprised. "That's impressive Wanda, especially because I know how good Nat's grades are for that class,"

"I mean I guess I'm okay at it," Wanda downplayed with an awkward chuckle.

"Oh stop, you're good at it and you know it," Nat playfully slapped her girlfriend on the arm. "Own it,"

"OkayOkay! I'm pretty good at it," Wanda replied with a chuckle.

"Alright you two," Meline smiled as she watched and listened to the conversation. "Dinner will take another 20 minutes, I'll call when it's done," She continued and the girls nodded before Nat Wanda led out of the kitchen.

"How did I do? Cause I kinda thought my nerves subsided a bit at the last," Wanda immediately asked when they were out of hearing distance from Nat's mom.

"You did great Wands," Nat replied with a smile, "but I never saw you that nervous before, I thought you were going to faint for a second" She added with surprise in her eyes.

"I just really want your family to like me," Wanda breathed out as her stress was still wearing off. "Am I going to get the grand tour or?" She continued with a smile as she glanced at all the pictures on the wall of Nat and Yelena through the years.

"Yeah right. you just want to go up to my room," Nat wiggled her eyebrows causing Wanda's mouth corner to lift subtly. "Come on," Nat chuckled before taking Wanda's hand in hers and leading her up the stairs.