Stuck Phone

All night long, Nat couldn't stop thinking about the day she had with Wanda. The conversations she had with her that she couldn't have with anyone else. How the time with her passed so quickly. And that kiss, that sweet, incredible, breathtaking, kiss. She was, without a doubt, falling for her. and hard.

By the time she did fall asleep, there were only 2 hours left before she had to wake up to go to school. Which also meant talking to Steve.

On the one hand, she was stressed about it, she knew that Steve was not the biggest fan of Wanda, but on the other hand, she was looking forward to talking to someone other than Wanda herself about what was happening. She wanted to share it.

-

Groaning, Nat silenced her alarm clock. These 2 hours were clearly not enough for her. But with a lot of effort and mental preparation, she finally managed to get out of bed. Her eyes felt so heavy, she just knew she looked like someone crawled out of their grave. As she walked into the bathroom that was quickly confirmed when she looked into the mirror.

"Yikes, you look like shit" Yelena spoke as she walked past the open bathroom door.

"Fuck off" was all that Nat felt like answering before rinsing her face with ice-cold water, hoping to wake up a little bit more. It kinda worked, she felt cold and uncomfortable, but it did work.

Walking down the stairs, Nat could hear her mother talking on the phone. She let go a sigh of relief because she knew her mom won't talk that her then. Quickly she walked into the kitchen, grabbing an apple out of the fruit bowl.

"Can't wait, I'll see you tomorrow" Her mom said to whoever she was talking to. Nat tried to get out of the kitchen as quickly as possible, but it was already too late. - "Natasha, come here for a sec" -. Slowly she turned herself around and faced her mother, who was sitting at the dining table with her papers and laptop in front of her. "Don't make any plans for tomorrow evening, I need you to be home"

"yeah, okay. uh, Steve is waiting for me, so I have to go" Nat quickly responded and pointed over her shoulder to the door. Her mom giving her a nod before she started typing on her laptop. It wasn't a lie, Steve was going to wait for her, well, maybe not this early.

-

15 minutes earlier than agreed, Nat arrived at Steve's house. She knew he was probably still in his bed. So, to kill the time she went on her phone, only now realizing she hasn't checked it since last night.

-

3 new messages of: Wanda

Wanda: Goodmorning :)

Wanda: Is it still on to do something after school?

Wanda: If not, that's okay

-

A wide smile immediately formed on Nat's face when she saw she had messages from Wanda. But, it faded a little when she saw the last text. 'If not, that's okay. She began to think that Wanda might not be interested anymore, so that it would be okay if Nat didn't want to.

-

Message: Wanda

Nat: Morning :) I'm still down, are you?

-

Anxiously she waited for a response, staring at her screen, not even seeing the 3 dots that you get when someone is replying. She waited, and waited, and waited. Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Suddenly the passenger door of her car opened. "Hi!"

The surprise made Nat drop her phone between her seat and the center console. "Don't scare me like that Steve!" She snapped at him as she tried to get her phone, but she just couldn't reach it.

"Sorry, I thought you saw me coming" He apologized as he hopped in the car. "uh... what are you doing?" He looked at Nat confused.

"I'm. Trying. To. Reach. My. Phone." She grunted as she tried to reach her phone, but it was too far. After a few more tries, she just gave up and drove to school.

"Did you stay long in the park yesterday?" Steve asked as he was typing something on his phone. Making Nat's heart drop immediately.

"I-uh yeah ..... Wanda came and sat down with me" She tightened her grasp on the steering wheel, keeping it that way until Steve replied.

"Oh, did she come to sell you some drugs?" He chuckled as he kept looking down at his phone.

"What? No?" Nat couldn't help to feel a little angry towards her best friend, Wanda wasn't like that.

"Well, never say never" He glanced towards Nat before he continued texting.

"Can you stop looking at your phone for 5 seconds ?!" Nat stopped the car in front of the red light and slapped Steve's phone out of his hands.

"Wow, okay, rude. I know you miss your phone but I'm just texting Bucky-"

"That's not why i- 'm trying to talk to you, Steve!" She sighed as the stoplight turned back green and she began driving again.

"Alrightttt, what is it?" Steve turned his gaze towards Nat and looked at her curiously.

"i-uhm" Her thoughts ran through her mind, 'Steve wasn't a fan of Wanda, The first thing he thought happened was she wanted drugs, he's never going to be okay with this, fuck'. "When do you think Pepper will sell her cupcakes again?"

".... Is that what you wanted to say? That's why you attacked my phone?" Steve's eyes narrowed.

"... uhu"

For the rest of the ride the 2 just talked about random things, not a single word about Wanda came into the conversation.

-

"FINALLY! I've been waiting here for at least... " Bucky looked at his phone. "For 2 whole minutes!" Steve walked up to him and quickly pecked him on his lips. "Hm, it was worth the wait."

"You guys are so cute. It's making me want to vomit" Carol spoke towards the loved-up pair.

"You're just jealous because you don't have anyone Danvers" Bucky stuck out his tongue at her.

"I don't need anyone, independent woman and all that, right Nat?" She turned her head towards Nat who was looking around to catch a glimpse of Wanda. "Nat?"

"Huh, what?" Confused she turned her gaze towards her friend group that was standing outside the school.

"I was telling, dumb and dumber here, that we don't need someone to make us happy" Carol repeated.

"ah yeah, I'm good on my own" It wasn't a lie. She didn't really need anyone, but after this whole thing with Wanda, she just couldn't shake the thought that maybe, Wanda could be someone, to her.

But since she didn't have her phone, there was no telling if Wanda felt that same way. Nat hasn't been able to see the answer whether Wanda wanted to do anything after school, or maybe she didn't answer at all. Maybe she regretted everything.

Only one way of knowing, Nat had to find her in the school. Sucks that they don't have classes together today.