The Sea

"I want us all to have a good time, so no bickering or fighting, okay?" Melina said to the group who had gathered back in the Lobby. "I'm looking specifically at you two," She added, looking directly at Nat and Yelena.

"What does that mean???" Yelena responded slightly offended. "I get why you look at her, but why me??"

"Excuse me?" Nat replied to her sister. "As if I'm ever the cause of our fights," She crossed her arms.

"This." she waved her finger between the both of them. "This is exactly what I don't want," Melina interrupted the two before they could continue. "Stop it or I'll put you two on the first bus home,"

"Oh shit," Wanda chuckled silently under her breath so only Nat could hear.

"Fine," Yelena sighed and Nat nodded shortly after.

"Good. Kate, Wanda, good luck with these two," Melina turned her attention to them and smiled while simultaneously rubbing her forehead in slight frustration by her own daughters. "I'm assuming you guys don't want to stay with David and me?"

"As much as I like you two, I prefer to spend some time with my girlfriend," Nat answered to her mother before glancing to said girlfriend who was already smiling at her. "No offense," She directed at David and her mother.

"None taken," David smiled. "What about you two?" He looked at Yelena and Kate. "Want to hang out with 2 cool grown-ups?"

"Uh," Yelena cringed slightly. "...Maybe tomorrow?" She ended with a closed-mouth smile.

"Alright, Alright. Shoo," He waved the four of them away and so they did.

"What are your plans?" Nat asked Yelena and Kate who were walking through the Lobby doors just behind her and Wanda.

"Beach?" Yelena glanced at Kate with questioning eyes.

"Sounds good to me," Kate smiled before wrapping her arm around her shoulder and walking away together.

"What do you want to do?" Wanda walked to stand in front of Nat and took her hand in hers.

"I wanted to go to the beach, but they're already going..." Nat pouted slightly causing Wanda to frown.

"...Oh god," Wanda chuckled and slowly walked backward, pulling Nat along with her. "I promise We'll go to the completely other side of the beach," She shook her head with a smile.

Having done exactly what Wanda promised, the two girls sat with their feet in the sand right in front of the sea, no Yelena or Kate insight.

"I can't remember the last time I saw the sea this close," Wanda said as she took a deep breath. "Thank you for bringing me," She lowered her head to rest on her knees and turned slightly so she could look at Nat with a smile.

"Again-" Nat placed her head on her knees and turned towards Wanda, mimicking her. "wouldn't want to be here with anyone else," She gave a soft smile as they kept their eye contact. "...I think you're my favorite person,"

"Hmm, really?" Wanda hummed, still not breaking eye contact. "How so?"

"Right now, for example, I have not a single desire in the world to look away from your eyes. I could just sit here and look at them all day." Nat replied without hesitation. "But honestly? I think I could just be with you all day,"

"huh? I think that makes you my favorite person too," Wanda smiled before lifting her head slightly off her knees as she placed one hand on Nat's cheek, rubbing her thumb softly over her skin. "You're simply mesmerizing," she said in a low voice before leaning in, placing her lips softly on Nat's who welcomed them with pleasure. They shared a few short kisses that last no longer than a few seconds, but had so much emotion behind them that neither of them had ever felt before.

Time seemed to pass quickly and neither of them noticed until Nat got a text from her mom to remind her that they were leaving for dinner in 15 minutes.

with barely time to freshen up, let alone change clothes, the two decided to spend another 10 minutes on the beach, enjoying it, before walking back to the hotel.

Dinner went as well as dinner could go. they talked about what everyone else had done. Kate and Yelena had apparently gone into the sea, which the weather was definitely not for, the water must have been freezing. Melina and David had explored the shopping street and had even bought woven bracelets for the 4 girls.

After they had eaten, Yelena and Kate came up with the idea of ​​going for a drink at one of the nearest bars and while everyone immediately agreed, Melina made it pretty clear that the only cocktails the girls would be drinking, were Mocktails.

----

Sorry for the slightly shorter chapters than what I normally post. I find it a bit easier to keep it shorter because I'm a bit afraid that I'm going to drop out of this book for a while and I definitely don't want that! So I hope you understand <3