Cool.

While Nat had invited more people, she was simultaneously thinking about a good excuse as to why her car was still parked at the school yesterday. Her mind went from the simplest explanations all the way to kidnapping. She wanted to know Wanda's opinion on this, but she still hasn't seen her.

When the bell rang and everyone walked into the school, Nat took her phone to quickly text Wanda about the situation. It's not that Peter saw her and Wanda, but she still felt like Wanda should know about this.

°°°°°°°°°

To Wanda:

Nat: Sooooo, Peter P saw my car parked at the school last night and I don't know what explanation to give for this

°°°°°°°°°

After she pressed send, she put her phone back in her pocket and made her way to class with all the other students.

------------

Her first class of the day was Math. Nat decided she was going to spend the hour thinking more about an excuse to tell other than actually paying attention in class. She was already up to date with the course material, so it's not a loss. Ms.Hill decided this year that everyone will be required to hand over their phone in advance to "Keep Ultimate Focus" during her class. And no phone equals having no idea if Wanda had already responded or not.

"Riiiiight, Yeah my car was still at school because...." Nat started to think to herself. "I was about to leave, but a white van came out of nowhere! A man jumped out and took me- no, not that... I had to stay longer in class! No, not that either, Carol was in my last class...shit." Nat sighed loudly without even noticing at first.

"Oh, I'm sorry? Am I boring you, Ms.Romanoff?" Ms.Hill focused on Nat as she crossed her arms. Clearly having heard her distinctive sigh.

"I-uh-no- I-just...uh," Nat stumbled over her words at the sudden attention. "...no, I'm sorry." She finally got out and sank a little in her chair in embarrassment.

"...So to pick up where I left off, If-" Her teacher decided to continue the class.

"Please make me disappear..." Nat thought as she placed her hand against her head.

"Psst Steven, could you maybe tutor me on this chapter after school? I don't get it," Nat heard a student behind her in a whispered conversation.

She just found her excuse: Tutoring with Wanda, That way she was at least not lying about who she was out with,"

--------

The bell rang and everyone quickly walked to the front of the classroom to take their phones back, including Nat.

"Try to be a bit more subtle next time," Ms.Hill said when Nat took her phone and all she could do in return was give her an awkward close-mouthed smile.

She quickly looked if Wanda had replied, and she did. Which made Nat smile like a goof at her phone screen even before she opened it.

°°°°°°°°°

New Messages From Wanda:

Wanda: Goodmorning to you too haha, what do you mean with 'explanation'?

°°°°°°°°°

Nat placed herself against a wall in the hallway so she wouldn't get in anyone's way before answering.

°°°°°°°°°

To Wanda:

Nat: He didn't see you and me leave together, so it's not the worst-case scenario. But if someone asks again, I'll just say that you tutored me yesterday. that seems believable, right?