Keep in touch

When morning arrived, the two had no desire to get out of bed. They just wanted to stay in their room that overnight had become their little bubble.

"Stop staring at me," Nat bit the palm of her hand.

"I'm not?" Wanda smiled. "Okay, maybe I am. But, can you blame me?" She brought her hand to Nat's face to brush a strand of hair out of the way that managed to fall before her eyes. "It's really hard not to,"

"I really-" Nat started, but was interrupted by the sound of her phone. "Who is calling this early?" She groaned before turning herself with difficulty and reaching for her phone.

"Who is it?" Wanda asked curiously as she rested her head in her hands while she leaned on her elbow.

"It's Hope," Nat said just before she answered.

--On The Phone--

"Goodmorninggggg" Hope said right away in her cheery morning voice, one that Nat knew all too well from all the, WAY TO early, mornings that Hope woke her up.

"Goodmorning," Nat replied in a raspy voice that was more characteristic of her in the mornings.

"Do you have any plans today?"

"Uhm, not that I know?"

"Great! What do you say about going to that arcade on the pier later?" 

"Sounds good to me, but uh-Give me a sec," Nat said before she pressed the mute button. "Hope suggests going to the arcade, Okay with you?"

"Yeah could be fun," Wanda replied as she stretched herself in the bed.

Nat unmuted her phone "We'll be there. around 2-3?"

"Sounds good, See you then," Hope replied and ended the call.

------

"What time is it now?" Wanda asked when she put her arm around Nat, snuggling in her side.

"10-ish, so we got time," Nat replied and put her phone back on the nightstand next to her before turning her attention back to Wanda, wrapping her arm around her as well, holding her tight.

"What was it like there? In Costa Rica?" Wanda asked while she was tracing shapes on Nat's arm.

"It was...challenging in the beginning," Nat chuckled. "Going somewhere alone, the only information I had about it was from the internet, so I was pretty nervous because it might disappoint me," She added and Wanda made a humming sound for her to continue. "But then I got to the airport and saw that I wasn't the only one with that feeling, everyone was nervous. Hope sat next to me on the plane and we never left each other side after that. I remember being impressed with how calm she was and how she was really looking forward to it. Around that time I also met Wade and Eric, they were right behind us and they were...a little less calm. They thought the entire flight we were going to crash," Nat laughed when she thought about it. "And I guess we've spent every moment with the four of us since then," She ended and glanced down at Wanda who was looking at her with adoration in her eyes. "You're staring again Wands,"

"I like to see you talk about it, when you're happy you get this little wrinkle by your mouth. That's what you have right now, it's cute," Wanda smiled as she brushed her thumb over the said wrinkle, before bringing her hand back to Nat's arm. "Sooo two girls and two boys spent their entire summer together, huh?" Her voice went noticeably up.

"Wands...I think we've already established the fact that I'm pretty gay right?" Nat said when she got a hunch where this conversation was headed. "I'm literally in bed with you right now?" She added with a chuckle.

"I know that dumbass," Wanda laughed. "But maybe Hope and one of the guys had something OR the two guys had something???...or-"

"I always thought Hope and Wade might get something, but they didn't...or were they secretly doing it? I should ask her that later-" Nat interrupted Wanda, trailing a little off in her mind before shaking it away. "Eric and Wade were close...but not that close," She chuckled. "And nothing ever happened between Hope and me," We were all just friends, it was fun."

"Are you still in touch with them? I mean before you saw Hope yesterday?" Wanda asked.

"Yeah, not as much as I'd like, but we text here and there. It's weird when you think about it, I spent so much time with them, and then it suddenly stopped. Everyone went back to their own lives," Nat replied and sighed as she actually got a little sad now that she thought about it. "That part sucks," Nat chuckled, but it was more about trying to convince herself not to think too hard about it.

"I'm sorry," Wanda tightened her grip around Nat's waist. "I'm happy that you can see Hope today at least," she said and Nat smiled softly at her comment. "Still-," Wanda lifted her hand in the air and formed it into a gun. "One flirt and-" She pretended to fire it which caused Nat to laugh and push her arm down and placed a smiling kiss on Wanda's head.

"I think this is one of my favorite things," Nat said softly. "just lying here with you,"