chapter 1

On the fateful day when an invasion began the queen and princess were in the library

On the fateful day when an invasion began the queen and princess were in the library. In the library, Queen Irina was sitting on the ottoman and listening to Selina play a piece on her violin. When Selina was finished Queen Irina started clapping.

"Oh, darling, that was wonderful!" She exclaimed happily.

"I'm glad you liked it...it was for papa...do you...do you think he liked it?" Selina asked softly.

"Yes, I believe he did. He would be so proud of -" Irina was cut off mid-sentence by the bang of the library door being forced open by two of the invading army's soldiers. The soldiers rushed forward, one grabbed Irina and the other grabbed Selina forcing her to drop her violin. The soldiers then forced both of them out the library door, and into the hallway, down to the throne room where the army's commander awaited their arrival. When they reached the throne room door, the two royals were forced through it. When they were past the doorway the soldiers forcibly urged them forward until they were directly in front of the thrones in the middle of the vast room where the Commander sat.

"WHO ARE YOU?! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO DO THIS!" Irina shouted.

"Oh, but my dear Irina, I'm afraid I do," Andre said calmly as a sinister smile spread across his face. Irina's face paled.

"W-what are you about?"

"Well, Irina I have the deed of surrender from your husband. In said document, you'll find that your dear husband surrendered this island AND everything and everyone on it to me, Andre Van Healsing."

Andre began walking down the stairs from where the thrones were perched.

"N-no he would never...not to...we promised-" Irina was cut off mid-sentence by Andre dangling the deed of surrender in front of her face.

During the conversation between her mother and the tall dark-haired and blue-eyed man, Selina stood still and listened. When she heard that he claimed she belonged to him, she began to struggle against the metal-clad man holding her in place. She broke free and ran to the throne room door.

"GRAB HER YOU FOOLS!" Andre yelled.

Selina ran faster, dodging the other soldier's attempts to apprehend her, and reached the door. She was about to reach for the door when a set of hands grabbed her, forcing her away from the door and back to the center of the room despite her attempting to break free. When she was in front of Andre, he asked,

"Trying to escape me...are you Selina?" As he asked this he moved closer to her.

"GET AWAY FROM ME!" she exclaimed softly, struggling against the metal-clad hands forcing her to stay in place. Andre moved closer still, grasped her face and spoke in a smooth voice,

"You will never escape me, Princess. You are MINE now." Andre released her face, turned towards the soldier holding the woman she had known as her mother, snapped his fingers, and the soldier dosed the Queen with a vial of Dreamshade and released his hold on her. A scream escaped the Queen's lips as she fell to the ground as the Dreamshade entered her bloodstream spreading throughout her body, killing her.