Chapter 4

When Selina awoke the next morning, she found herself in a large canopy bed covered by a white quilt with lavender roses all over it

When Selina awoke the next morning, she found herself in a large canopy bed covered by a white quilt with lavender roses all over it. As she rose, she looked around the room which consisted of many wall to wall bookcases, a large Oak wardrobe, a large bay window with white and lavender rose cushions, a white birch writing desk, a changing screen, the canopy bed, and a large balcony with a door that lead out to it. She got out of the bed, realized she was still in the clothes from the night before, pulled on her boots which were laying at the foot of the bed, and walked over to the balcony doors, opened them, and went onto the balcony. The rain began to fall lightly, on Selina's face. She tilted her face up and welcomed the oncoming rainstorm. She walked up to the railing, placed her hands upon it, and breathed in the scent of the freshly fallen rain mingled with pine from the forest surrounding the maner. As she was standing there, she began to hum a lullaby that her mother had sang to her when she was young. Liam was watching from the entrance of the room and was entranced by her sweet, angelic voice. He slowly approached her and put his hand on her shoulder.

"OOH!" Selina shrieked, Turning around with fear in her eyes, bracing herself against the balcony railing.

"Hey...it's just me. It's okay. You're safe and okay." Liam said gently.

"Who...are you?" Selina asked softly, not recognizing him at all, since all she saw the night before were shadows.

"Liam Gray. The one who helped you last night escape Andre...remember?"

Selina placed her hand on her chest and breathed a sigh of relief.

"Sorry...I didn't recognise you Lord Grey...I apologise..." Selina replied softly, with a slight curtsy.

"You know you don't have to be formal and all. Just call me Liam. That would be fine."

"oh....I'm sorry...I didn't mean to offend...i'm sorry..." Selina replied, looking quite embarrassed. She tried to move past Liam, but he stuck his arm out and caught her waist as she passed him.

"No offense taken. There's nothing to apologize for. You don't need to be upset with yourself, you know."

"I...I'm not..." Selina stuttered, turning her face away from him. "Can you please release me?" She asked inaudibly.

"Oh, yeah, sorry." Liam said, as he let her go. "If you want, I can leave you here...to get your things in place."

"I would appreciate that...thank you." Selina said softly. Liam nodded, and left the room.

After he left, Selina went over to her duffle bag, which was at the foot of the bed, opened it, and started placing her things in the room. When she picked up the box with the broken rose sculpture, she gently took it out, and set it on the bedside table. She didn't realize that a small rose bulb fell out of the box, and bounced towards the door.

Moments later, a small girl with pink hair and blue eyes came into the room, holding the rose bulb. She hesitantly tapped Selina's shoulder.

Selina turned towards the young girl, and smiled gently.

"Hi sweetheart." Selina said gently, not wanting to scare the little girl. "What's your name?" Selina asked. Fear filled the girl's eyes.

"This yours." she said, pressing the bulb into Selina's hand. "Bye Bye." she continued before bolting out of Selina's room.

"That was strange..." Selina muttered as she placed the bulb on the nightstand with the rest of the sculpture and ran her fingers over the delicate leaves. "Shadow...wherever you are...i hope you're ok...I miss you big brother..." She whispered, as tears spilled from her eyes.

After she had calmed down a little, she grabbed her grey jeans and her jade green blouse, and her heeled boots, and went behind the changing screen and changed clothes. After she had finished, she went to the dressing table and pinned and coiled her hair into a bun, then gave her appearance the once over, and after deming it appropriate, went to the door, and opened it.

Outside the door, Selina did not see Liam nor the small pink haired girl. So she closed the door, turned around, and walked directly into a tall man with red eyes and shoulder length black hair.

"Oh!" she looked up (he was taller at 5'10' to her 5'8"),

"Watch where you're going will you?" The man said, a small scowl on his face.

"I am so sorry! I didn't see you...I didn't realize anyone was in the hallway..." Selina stated fearfully. "I'm so sorry..." She began crying now, as she turned and ran away from him, running into another man, and falling backwards onto her butt.

"Oh hey...you okay?" the man with short black hair and golden red eyes asked Selina worriedly.

Fear filled Selina's eyes as she looked behind her to see the angry man from earlier charging towards her. She quickly stood, ignoring his offered hand, and hid behind him.

"Where is she mutt?!" the man screamed angrily.

"You think I fucking know? How about you be NICE for once instead of scaring every new person we get here." the golden red eyed man yelled back.

"YOU'RE A FUCKING LIAR! SHE WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU!! WHERE THE FUCK DID SHE GO?!" the man yelled again.

Selina whimpered softly. "I'm sorry for causing you trouble..." She whispered to the golden eyed man before turning to run, but the golden eyed man caught her hand before she could.

"You haven't caused trouble, I promise." the golden red eyed man said. "Just get to the drawing-room. Liam should be there. We can properly meet once I've dealt with this sad excuse of a man."

"O...okay...d..don't get hurt..." Selina whispered, giving him a small hug before taking off down the hallway as she tried to find the drawing room.