Chapter 7

The next morning, Roselyn awoke to a loud scream and the crying of a baby. The loud cry had awakened her son, who jumped onto her bed, cowering into her side. She gently picked him up, and cradled him as she bolted to the other side of the castle to Selina's chamber, but Liam was already there holding her in a comforting embrace as she cried into his shoulder.

"What happened?" Roselyn asked breathlessly.

"She had a nightmare," Liam responded.

"What about?" Roselyn asked, moving closer.

"No idea...but something bad."

"Poor thing." Roselyn sat down next to her on the bed and ran her hand along Selina's back in a rhythmic motion.

"Everything good here?? What happened?" Brandon said, out of breath, holding a sleepy and scared Yuki in his arms.

"She had a nightmare...." Roselyn commented softly.

"Poor girl...hope she'll recover from it and be okay."

"They are coming for me. I am a danger to everyone here. I have to get out of here..." Selina separated herself from Liam's embrace, and started to leave but her leg gave out and she collapsed onto the floor. "I have to get out of here. Everyone will die if I don't stop them...I can't let that happen..." she muttered.

"Hey, it's okay Kitten. No one's coming to get you. You're safe." Roselyn bent down next to Selina.

"No, they are coming. I'm the one they want...i don't know what for... I have to go. I have to stop them...it can't happen...I won't let it..." Selina muttered, as she stood again, took a few more steps, And fell to the ground again. Her eyes became a deeper green with slight flashes of crimson as Liam picked her up and put her back in the bed.

Selina laid still and Liam went to get Pandora. Roselyn stayed behind, watching Selina's motionless form while Brandon and Liam retreated away. At that moment, Pandora entered the room,

"No...this is impossible...the transformation is almost complete...this is impossible..." Pandora shoved Roselyn out of the way to get to Selina's side. And make sure she was okay.

"Will she be okay?"

"Yes...she might make slight movements...and if touched she could kill you..but other than that, she'll be alright...I think..."

Several hours passed, and Selina had not moved, at all. Roselyn stared at the motionless form of her friend, wondering what had made her so still. Brandon came into the room and asked,

"Hey....How is she doing?"

"I don't know. She's so still. Pandora said that the transformation is almost complete...and that she would make slight movements...But for the past few hours, she has not moved. At all. I hope she's not dead."

"I don't think she's dead. Her body needs to get used to it...kinda like we did.." Brandon said

"Yeah...our transformations were hell....i hope she doesn't have to go through that..." Roselyn and Brandon then left Selina's chamber.

Meanwhile, inside Selina's head, there was a void of darkness. She could not see, but she could feel the warmth of the venom spread through her body, offering slight yet familiar comfort. She could hear vaguely familiar voices, but could not place them. She tried to speak up, but she couldn't speak.. She then saw a light amidst the darkness and ran toward it. She reached the light and passed through it.

She opened her eyes, and saw her room at BlackRose Hall. She felt the comfort of the quilt around her. She sat up and tried to say something, but her mouth would barely move. She then decided to stand up, put on her dressing-gown, and go out onto the balcony. She stood with her hands on the railing for a long while and wondered what had happened to everyone. She looked to the garden and saw Roselyn, and Brandon playing with Yuki and Edmund in the courtyard's snow.