Chapter 3

When Selina awoke the next morning, the sky was covered in dark clouds and rain was pelting down in sheets

When Selina awoke the next morning, the sky was covered in dark clouds and rain was pelting down in sheets. She rose out of bed, changed into the pants and blouse, strapped her dagger to her thigh, placed her coat around her shoulders, put on her boots, and threw her duffle bag over her shoulder. When she finished, she gently pushed open the door, and ran out of her chamber, out of the palace, and into the rain towards the moors.

Moments after she left, Andre went to Selina's chamber to get her so they could go to the ship. But when he got there the door was ajar, and Selina was nowhere to be seen.

"DAMN IT! She escaped!" he yelled when he realized what had transpired. He rushed to grab his coat and ran to the stables. When he got there, he mounted his midnight black stallion and rode through the rain towards the moors.

After running for a long while, Selina began to slow her pace. Very soon after she slowed her pace, she heard hoofbeats in the distance, and she sped up. Andre sped up when she did and maneuvered his horse so that he was directly next to her. Andre went to grab her but Selina managed to move out of his grasp at the last second. He then reached down for her again, this time being able to successfully grasp her waist and hoist her up onto his horse. As he positioned her in front of himself, she tried to fight him and get away but he prevailed in securing her on his horse. He then turned his horse back towards the palace and rode back under the dark sky.

When they had reached the palace 2 soldiers were waiting for them. When they had stopped in front of the soldiers, Andre had dismounted, then pulled Selina down. When her feet were on the ground, one of the soldiers took the duffle bag from her, and the other clamped shackles around her wrists. Selina was then placed on the back of a snow-white horse and was escorted to the ship that would take her to Altaria. Once they reached the dock, Selina was forced to dismount. As soon as her feet touched the wood planks, Andre grabbed the shackles' chain and pulled her close to him. He turned her to face Gandara and gave the order for the other soldiers on the dock to shoot fire tipped arrows at the town that was nearest to the dock. Selina turned her face away, but Andre forced her to watch her beloved home burn. As the flames spread, Selina could hear the screams and cries of her people as they were burned alive. Andre then shoved her over to one of the soldiers and he boarded the ship. The soldier gently guided onto the ship and showed her her cabin for the voyage. The other soldier who had Selina's bag followed, placing it in the cabin with Selina, then closed the door. The ship was then loaded up with the royal treasures of Gandara. With that finished the Ship set sail.

Inside Selina's cabin, she had slipped the shackles off her wrists and looked sadly out the very small window as she watched Gandara burn and turn to ash. She then sat down, wiped the tears from her eyes, got a book out of her bag, pulled her legs underneath her, and began to read. Night fell, and the storm grew worse. Selina heard loud shouts and cries coming from outside. Curious, put her book down, stood up, pulled on her coat, pulled the hood up, and opened the door. As she stepped out into the hallway, she heard an extremely loud thunk from the above deck. She climbed the stairs that led above deck. When she emerged from below deck, she saw Andre strike a strange tall man to the ground. Andre raised a sword to kill the man, but Selina rushed forward with her hood falling off her head as she pulled a sword out of her dagger's sheath, stopping him by blocking his blow.