Chapter 16

The next morning, Selina awoke to someone stroking her hair.

"Good morning, Selina." Selina sat up, rubbed her eyes, and saw a beautiful woman with pale ocean blue hair, and bright golden eyes.

"Who are you?"

"I am Diana, Your Guardian. You, my dear, are a goddess."

"What do you mean? I don't understand..."

"You will. But now, you must return to Angora. Those who care about you are very worried. I will always be here for you, Selina. No matter what." Diana placed her hand on the side of Selina's face, kissed her forehead, then disappeared.

"Selina!! WHERE ARE YOU!!" Mary hollered.

"I'M HERE! COMING!" Selina replied as she ran back towards Angora.

When she reached the palace, she went through the side door that she left open the night before and went inside, where she bumped into Vladimir. He set his hands on her shoulders.

"Where the hell were you?!" Vladimir asked angrily.

"Leave her the hell alone Vladimir." Brandon warned.

"Fuck off mutt. I can ask her a fucking question if i want to." Vladimir snapped.

Selina's jaw dropped, and she smacked Vladimir's face as hard as she could, causing him to stumble back.

"Don't you EVER talk to MY brother like that again. You mess with my family, you mess with me. And you do NOT want to mess with me. Jackass." Selina stated angrily, her eyes flashing an eerie crimson black colour, sending shivers down his spine, before turning to Brandon. "I went out to watch the sunrise, and must have fallen asleep...I'm sorry I worried you...big brother." She gave Brandon a quick hug, shot Vladimir a death glare, and went into the dining hall to get a crimson apple. She grabbed one off the top of the pile and retreated to her room. Once there, she went into the washroom that was attached and washed up for the day.

How am I a goddess? That makes no sense. I'll ask Diana for an explanation next time I see her. Selina thought. She then heard a knock at the door.

"Who is it?" Selina asked as she wrapped her hair in a towel.

"Mary, dear."

"Hold on, I just got out of the shower." Selina then dried off and put on a simple gown and opened the door.

"What can I do for you?"

"I wanted to thank you for the gown and mask you made for me to wear to the gala. Also, you might want to get ready. It starts in 20 minutes."

"Your welcome for the gown, and thank you for the time." Selina smiled. Mary then left, and Selina closed her door and enjoyed her peach.

She then proceeded to get into her masquerade gown. After she laced the corset back, she put on a pair of ivory boots. After that was finished, she pulled her twirled parts of her hair, and pinned it at the back of her head, curled the rest of her hair and added the light pink and gold hairpins. She then tied on her gold and pink mask.

A knock sounded at the door.

"Coming!" Selina opened the door and saw Liam standing there in his silver mask and Navy dress suit.

"Would you accompany me to the gala, Mademoiselle?"

"I didn't know you spoke French Liam."

"Very Very little." Selina giggled.

"It's alright. And Yes, I would like to accompany you to the gala, Misour." She took Liam's offered arm, and together they went into the ballroom.

"There are so many people here." Selina whispered to Liam,  sounding slightly panicked.