Chapter 27

When Selina awoke, she was in a Throne room. She saw a woman with midnight black hair, Bat wings, and black shadowy looking armor that spread across her arms and legs like shadowy whisps.

"How lovely to see you, Selina. I have waited for you for a very long time."

"Eris."

"Why yes. But I thought you already knew that..."

Selina tried to get up, and succeeded.

"Where Are My Friends Eris?"

"Oh, haha, silly me. I forgot..." Eris then magically transported Roselyn, Liam, Dawn, Janessa, Allan and Brandon to the throne room. Eris descended from her throne, as Roselyn ran to the unconscious Brandon's side. She knelt down next to him.

His black wings were torn and had the same red chains that Selina's had when she got attacked.

"Brandon?" Roselyn whispered, shaking him lightly and getting no response. "Please wake up. I can't lose you.." Again, there was no response from Brandon that told her that he heard her, let alone, if he was even alive. "Brandon..." Roselyn says, light tears beginning to run down her face. "You promised to never leave me. Please...I can't lose anyone important to me anymore. Especially you". Brandon's eyes opened, and he smiled up at Roselyn. "You never lost me to begin with Ro.", he said with a bright smile on his face. She helped him stand just as Eris came up in front of them.

"Brandon, my son." Eris held her arms out, expecting a hug. Brandon stayed put. "What, no hug?"

"No." Brandon held Roselyn close to himself in a protective way. "Why would I give a hug to the one who abandoned and abused me? I may have been naive then but I'm not now".

"You wound me, I have done nothing of the sort. Join me, we will start again, everything will be better this time, I promise." Eris held out her hand to Brandon, but he refused to take it.

"Hm, tempting. Let me think about it. How about NO! I'm not gonna go back just so you can continue experimenting on me and causing me pain. I found a family that treats me better than you ever did."

"Oh, really? Well, I really wish I didn't have to do this darling.." Eris magically separated Brandon and Roselyn and transported him by her throne and erected a force field around him. "You will join me, Brandon. Whether you want to or not. And don't bother trying to escape the field. It is too strong. A mother's love will do that." Eris turned back to Selina, and sent a blast of magic at her, sending her flying across the room rendering her unconscious.

The fight had begun. All who rushed at Eris were thrown against a wall, and they all sank to the floor. Roselyn was the only one left. Eris deemed her an unworthy opponent, and went after the unconscious Selina again.

Selina lay so still. In her mind, the woman who bore a strong resemblance to Selina was trying to get her to awake, and succeeded.

When Selina came to, she saw a beam of black magic being shot at her. She then heard someone shout.

"KITTEN! NOOO!" Roselyn took the beam, and fell to the ground. Her eyes never left Brandon's as tears ran down her face. She smiled one last time to Brandon before her eyes closed. Selina and Brandon felt the loss in their hearts. Eris laughed as Brandon fell to his knees, completely heartbroken.

"Now, to get rid of the extra baggage..." Eris moved over to the rest of Selina's friends. Tears were running down Selina's and Brandon's faces. Selina stood up.

"ERIS!!" Brandon screamed as he broke through the force field, catching everyone off guard. Brandon reached to his side and pulled out his sword. "HOW?! HOW COULD YOU BE THIS HEARTLESS TO TAKE THE ONE PERSON I LOVED WITH ALL MY HEART AWAY FROM ME?!" In a blind rage, Brandon ran to his mother and began exchanging hits with her.