Chapter 21

"Congratulations!" Gulf happily greeted Type.

They came back to visit him after two days, to make sure that he is already fine.

Gulf handed him a bouquet of sunflowers.
"You look beautiful, even if you just gave birth."

"They said s, it's probably the maternity glow. Thank you for this, They are beautiful." Type look at the flowers.

Gulf take it away on him and put it on the bedside.
He fix the blanket on Type's lap.
Then the nurse came carrying the baby.

"Ohhw... Look at that." Gulf gasp when he saw the baby, like a cute bundle of blue blanket.

Type smiled widely, he accepted the baby in his arms.

"What's his name?" Gulf ask. His eyes fixated on the baby.

"Alexus Evans, Alexus means guardian in Greek, while Evans means God is gracious in Hebrew... He will be a guardian to all of us. He came to us in a right time therefore God gaves us grace. He is truly gracious." Type touch the baby's cheek.

"You want to carry him?" He ask Gulf making Gulf gasp.

"Can I?" Gulf felt his heart thump.

"Of course! Come, sit beside me so he wont fall." Type tap the space beside him.

Gulf sitted beside him.

"Here you go."

Gulf felt the soft body of the infant.
His heart thumping loudly.

"Relax... You will be fine." Type said.
He noticed something on Gulf. Like he is anxious.

Gulf look at Alexus, he's a handsome baby.

"He's so handsome." Gulf's voice shook, his eyes remained on the infant's face. He didn't move his arm that was carrying the baby. He is scared that he will fall.
"I almost have my own before. But I lost him." he softly said.

Type being nosy, he caught that. But he didn't dare to ask.
"I'm sorry for that."

"It's fated to happen.. You're so lucky.. Mr. Tharn's parents accepted you, he loves you so much, and now you have a gift. A beautiful gift..." Gulf felt a bitter taste in his throat.

"Tharn's mom is a loving woman, but the problem is, she carried two evil sister in laws in this world. My gosh.. Oh. Sorry. Mew's mother is one of them." Type covered his mouth.

Gulf chuckled a bit.
"It's fine. she's mad at me though."

"Is that so? She didn't like you? Like duh. As if you have to like her. No way. She's not likable. I hate her with all my guts." Type rolled his eyes.

Mew was just listening on them outside the room. He shook his head. Type has a right to hate his mother. And it's fine with him. His mother is just too much to handle.

He take a peek inside and he saw Gulf holding the baby in his arms. He look happy.

Mew pledge to himself that he will let that happiness stay on Gulf's face.

***

After Type got discharge, they become a constant guest in the farmhouse.
Every sunday, they will stay there since lunch time until they will have a barbecue dinner, Mew and Tharn will play golf. While their partners will talk about other things.

By these, Gulf gradually lessens his anxiety. He became comfortable to anyone.

But there were still times that he felt like hurting himself, there were still nightmares at night. But Mew was always there to calm him down.

Type already recovered a bit, they are walking in the orchard, when they saw a mango tree filled with green fruits.

Gulf felt his mouth watered.
"Oh mangoes..."

"You want some? I can call someone to take for you." Type said, he look around to ask someone.

"No... I want to get it myself." Gulf gulped. He suddenly felt the sour taste in his mouth. He is drooling.

"No! It's dangerous!" Type gasped.

"It's fine.. I can manage." Gulf remove his shoes, and he climb the tree. There was a small ladder. He used it to reach a branch.

He is very happy when he settled in the branch of the mango tree, where he can easily reach a fruit.

Type was just following his moves and expressions. He had a hunch but he might shock Gulf.

"Type...You want?" Gulf said while he reach one mango.

Type giggled. "No... It's so sour. I can't."

"It's up to you." Gulf shrugged and he immediately bite the mango he got.

"Aren't you gonna wash it first, or peel it?" Type ask with astonishment.

"Nope... I like it with the skin, it's crunchy.. Oh my. It taste so good." Gulf keep on biting the mango, he is still sitting in the branch of the tree while Type was looking up to him.

Mew look around for Gulf but he didn't see him. They just finish playing golf.
He ask Marites about Gulf and she said that the two walk around the orchard.

After saying thank you to her, he followed them to the orchard.
There he saw Type looking at the mango tree filled with green fruits.

Then he followed Type's vision, and there he saw his husband, sitting in the branch happily eating a green mango.

"Babe! Come down. Jezzz!" Mew shouted.

"Babe, I'm okay.. This is so good. You want some?" Gulf asked him. He already finished two pieces.

"That's enough, Too much isn't good for you." Mew raise his hand. "Come on babe... Get down."

Gulf pouted cutely.
"I don't want."

Type look at them, he burst out laughing.
"You are both cute... Anyway I'll go ahead."

He left the two, while Gulf slowly get down the tree.

"Babe, you made me worried." Mew hugged him tight.

"Ugh. Why are you so smelly?" Gulf crunches his nose. He didn't like Mew's scent. It's the first time.

"Huh?" Mew smelled himself. "Hey I smell good!"

But Gulf shook his head, he felt dizzy.
The last time he knew, Mew was shouting his name and everything went black.