Chapter 34

After that moment of truth, Mew called his lawyers asking for any help so his biological mother can get out of the jail.

With the help of Maryan, they are now here in the visiting area for the inmates.

Mew gripped Gulf's hands, asking for comfort.

Gulf squeeze it back, "Just relax babe. You'll be fine. I am here"

"Thank you babe. Between the two of us, you are the most vulnerable but here I am now asking for your strength." Mew kissed Gulf's hand.

"It should be balance babe, not all the time You are strong. People tend to have weaknesses, and this time... I will be your strength."

Maryan smiled at the couple.
It is rare these days to find such great true love and in same gender.

It is amazing.

Mew saw a soft looking middle age woman, maybe in 5ft height, her face resembles Jom. There's no doubt on that and her body is quite thin, Mew felt his heart squeeze . She must be Anaya...

She's being held by a police officer and guided towards their table.

She's frowning.

Anaya didn't recognize them.
For 26 years, no one visited her.

"Who are you?" Her trembling voice crept on Mew's heart. His blood rush and came gushing to his heart causing it to palpitate.

"It's me.. Maryan." She smiled at Anaya.

"M-maryan?!" Her tears started to fell.
"Where have you been?"

"Bea forbids me to get out of the province.. That's why I didn't visit."

Anaya felt horrified upon hearing that name, but excitement crept in her heart when he remembered her boy.

"How was the child? I bet he grew up as fine as his father." Anaya played with her hands.

"He is here." Mary Rose, pointed at Mew.
"He is your son Anaya."

"Hello.. Ahm— How are you?" Mew awkwardly greet her.

"Mew? Oh my God.." Anaya stood up, she still had a handcuff.

Mew reach for her and envelope her for a warm hug. His tears gushing out of his eyes.
The awkward feeling he felt just flew away when he felt her warm hug.
"I'm sorry.. It took for me long time to realize that Bea isn't my real mother.. I'm sorry you suffered here because of her.. I'm sorry..."

Anaya's eyes watered.
Through the years, she keeps on dreaming about her children..

"I-I am so h-happy that I-i got the c-chance to held you like this.. I-i thought I-i will not anymore... They robbed me all the opportunities to see you grow.. T-to see you make your first step.. To hear you say the first word.. T-to witness you achieve all your dreams.. W-wy does life has to be so unfair?" Anaya cried in Mew's chest.

All those words are like daggers stabbing Mew's heart. His poor mother.
He keeps on rubbing her back.
"I will do anything to get you out Ma... We will be together. I will do everything so you will experience all the time that you miss. We will make it up to you. I promise you that."

Anaya calm down, he look up at Mew.
In her cuffed hands, she touch his face.
"Thank you.. For coming and for accepting me as your real mother."

Mew dried her tears, and kiss her forehead.
"Stop crying Mama, Today will be the last moment that you cried for pain and heartaches. The next time you cry, I will assure you that it is because of happiness..." Mew guided her to sit.
Then he sit beside Gulf who's just silently waiting for their mother and son moment to be done.