Chapter 8

Pour some sugar on me

Ooh, in the name of love

Pour some sugar on me

C'mon, fire me up

Pour your sugar on me

I can't get enough

Pour Some Sugar on Me - Def Leppard

Julianna's POV

Ever so often I don't even realize where I'm at or what I'm doing after a while... I'm just there.

Like a flower made to just sit in its designated place and look pretty. 

They grow slowly, grow from the roots up into a bloom. They stay in that state for a while, and everyone admires them everyone loves them. The only thing is once that flower loses their bloom no one treasures it anymore, they're not in their beautiful state anymore. Nobody wants to sit and stare at it for hours or water it and take care of it. 

No one cares for it anymore...you don't love it anymore. 

Well, that's me right now...I feel as if I'm in my bloom and its slowly dying. Now I know that sounds stupid or dumb, but I can't help it thats how I feel and I don't know how to un-feel that. I don't like when I feel this way I mean I have the best friends one could ask for as well as a boyfriend. So why do I feel as if I'm slowly loosing my light?"hello I'm talking to you" the voice snaps me out my thoughts.

"sorry what were you saying" my frail voice speaks, my eyes meeting his brown ones from across the dining table where we are eating lunch.

Rolling his eyes dropping his fork on his plate causing it to make a loud clatter he speaks again staring me in the eyes. "I said I wanted you to go to the store later and pick me up some more beer and cigarets, you didn't get any the other day".

Yeah I didn't get it because I'm allergic to the smoke and it bothers my asthma.

"oh um could you pick them up Luca is coming by later,"I sweetly replied taking another bite of the salad I fixed for myself. I was going to eat some of the pasta I fixed for him, but decided against it.

"Sure I will go to the store even though I work every week to pay for everything around here and let's not even bring up how much trouble you've already caused. I think I deserve to rest on the weekends, don't you?"he sneered folding his hands together across the table leaning forward as if saying choose your words wisely. 

"Yeah you're right, I'll pick them up," I tightly smile not really agreeing, but not wanting to start another argument. Seems like I'm doing that a lot here lately. 

"Great thank you," he smiles, pushing his bowl forward indicating he was finished before leaning back in his chair stretching. I can here his bones crack as well as the small whine he lets out clutching his side.

When I see him, clutch his side it instantly reminds me of how his hands felt last night as they ripped into my skin, as well as the feeling of looking at the bruises this morning in the mirror.

You could see the outline of his fingers that squeezed against my stomach as well as the cuts his jagged nails left.

"Jake, can we talk about last night" I speak as my mind sends flashes of the anger that was in his face last night making me rethink my question.