Chapter 11

'Cause it's always one step forward and three steps back

I'm the love of your life until I make you mad

It's always one step forward and three steps back

Do you love me, want me, hate me, boy? I don't understand

No, I don't understand

1 step forward , 3 steps back - Olivia Rodrigo

T.W. - Sexual assault/ abuse 

Julianna's POV

"Babe you ready" his voice carries from the kitchen all the way to the bedroom where I'm freshening up for our date.

It's been awhile since we've had a proper date, so I'm looking forward to it. I just hope we can get through it without arguing or fighting, like how it used to be.

"Yeah I'll be right there" I holler back spritzing a small amount of perfume to my neck as well as the inside parts of my wrists. I don't really see the point in putting it on my wrist, but when I was younger I always watched my mom do it so I do it every time I wear perfume now I guess it's just a habit. 

I have changed clothes from what I was in earlier wanting to dress up a tad. I am now dressed in a white sheer top with flowers sporadically placed throughout. I have paired it with a light blue skirt covered in white specs and my knee high boots. 

"Okay I'm ready Jay where are we going?"  I ask trotting in the kitchen not being able to control the little bit of happiness I have gained that he is trying to make up for his mistake

"That's a surprise, but it's a favorite!" He smiles turning around quickly meeting his eyes with my own, "have I told you how much I love when you call me that?" he questions.

"A time or two" I speak smiling that this is already going great and we haven't even left the house yet, maybe he really is sorry. 

"come on let's go" he commands grabbing the keys off the white counter top. With him holding the door allowing me to walk out first I simply smile at him for his nice gesture as a thank you.  

I look past the knot that has formed in my stomach leading up to our date as I get in the car the smile not leaving my face the entire way to my so called 'favorite place'. 

I am excited that hasn't changed, but I can't help the knot thats formed from wondering if this Jake will last longer then tonight. This Jake is the same Jake I started dating around four years ago, this is the Jake I fell in love with, this is the Jake I miss.