Chapter 23

New chapter ;)

I think I'm losing my mind now

It's in my head, darling, I hope

That you'll be here, when I need you the most

So don't let me, don't let me, don't let me down

Don't let me down

The Chainsmokers - Don't Let Me Down (Official Video) ft. Daya

Julianna's POV

Prying my eyes open I first met with the golden ray of sun seeping through the blinds bringing a sheet of warmth to lay across my entire body. 

Feeling the heat as it hugs my body I also feel a muscular arm hugging loosely along my middle. I then remember the events of the night before when I had a nightmare and walked over to Harry hoping he would comfort me. 

I didn't even have one. 

I don't even know what possessed me to turn to Harry just wanting him to hold me while I sleep. All I know as he gripped me in his arms the night before and right now with his arm wrapped along my torso and head resting on my chest, I feel safe.

I feel completely and utterly safe as if nothing could touch me, nothing could break what's left of the shattered pieces of myself.

I take a mental note of how I feel in this moment knowing it won't last long enough, it never does.

It never will.

Taking a deep breath I turn my head slowly looking down at the face that rests on my chest. With his eyes shut and his lips slightly parted he looks calm. I can hear the slow even breaths leave his lips as he sleeps. Looking down at his arm that's hugging my abdomen I gently begin to trace the tattoos that are edged in to his skin. 

First I trace the anchor that lays across his wrist. Going over it, over and over again I take notice the smaller ones scattered around it. Moving up his arm slowly I find myself stopping on a rose as it catches me eye. I begin tracing it just as I had the anchor. Completely in a trance staring at the all the tattoos I begin to wonder if they all have a meaning.

If there is a story behind each of the markings that litter his tan skin. If there is, I wonder if he will tell me one day?

Finally pulling my hand away from his arm. I let out a deep breath I didn't even realize I was holding and look down at Harry expecting to met with his eyes closed and lips still slightly parted, but it's quite the opposite.

His captivating emerald eyes are looking straight at me and his lips are ever so slightly curved into a smile. 

Startled not expecting him to be awake I turn my head away from his closing my eyes as I feel a small blush begin to rise on my cheeks. 

Squinting my eyes closed and refusing to look at him I hear him huff and shuffle ever so slightly bringing the hand that doesn't reside on my stomach to my my jaw and turn my head back around so gentle it it was like his fingers never touched me.

I let him move my head easily, but keep my eyes wired shut to embarrassed that he was probably awake the entire time I was tracing his tattoos. 

That is until I feel his hot breath on my lips and smell a faint aroma of mint. At this I peel my eyes open slowly and am met with the deep emerald ones staring right at me, almost as if they're studying me. He's so close to me our noses are so close to touching. Looking at him in the eyes to enticed with them to look away I see his gaze break from mine and drop a little lower.