Chapter 28

Taking you for granted 

It's a new normal, hard for us to live in 

And to understand it

-------

You don't pick your pace, yeah 

How the story goes? 

In this life is what you make it 

It's out of your control

New Normal - Khalid

Julianna's POV

My mind has been awake for the past thirty minutes, but I have yet to open my eyes. 

I'm scared to, no I'm terrified to. 

Right now everything is normal. Right now I actually feel normal, I could almost say I'm happy. My head is lying right on top of Harry's chest. His bare chest, because apparently he gets hot when he sleeps. I call satire on that, because he literally had me pulled over on top of him the minute we reached bed. I didn't complain though and I'm not now either, I'm starting to think I'll never complain to be near him. 

In my silent 30 minutes of peace I've realized that I've hardly moved in my sleep, yet Harry had other plans. Both of his arms are now wrapped around my middle. His fingertips rested just above my hip bone causing shivers to rise up my spine everything I think about them. Our legs have stayed intertwined beneath the sheets as well.

I flutter my eyes open making sure not to move my head as I just look at him. He's so perfect. The way his tattoos contrast against his golden skin. The way his jaw stays clenched even when he's asleep. My eyes follow up his jaw bone as I see his eyes still closed. He looks so angelic when he sleep, opposite to the cold exterior he shows the entire world. 

My eyes drift back down, my eyelids closing once again soaking in this moment. This moment I know will be ruined the second he wakes up. 

He wanted to talk... 

I wouldn't let him, and a part of me does regret that now just like he said I would. Now because I've seen what could be our normal. What I want our normal to be. I don't blame him, I couldn't. He was honest and told me this would happen, I just didn't listen.

"How long are you going to pretend to be asleep Julianna?" His raspy voice feels the air, breaking my normal. 

Our normal. 

"I guess I could ask you the same thing" I smirk propping my self up, my eyes finally taking his whole face in view. I can't help the small giggle that escapes my lips as I see his hair. 

"Bedhead" I address him quickly not thinking. 

As soon as the word left my lips my whole world flashes before my eyes as I'm flipped over on my back with him now straddling me. Laughter feels my ears as I look up at the man causing it, seeing his dimples which he hides from everyone.

My mind begins to realize how he did that with such ease it didn't hurt, his hand even found the back of my head placing in down gently into the pillow.