02

"Somebody gotta, gotta raise a little hell"

~~~

A strong wave of adrenaline rushes through my veins at the urgency of this situation.

I shove the lipstick back into my bra and whip my head around to Genevieve who is panicking while standing frozen in the doorway. She's frantically looking at me then back at what I presume are the security guards or reception lady.

I flick my eyes around the room looking for somewhere we could hide or escape. A storage closet catches my attention and a relieved smirks flashes across my face.

"Follow me." I whisper as I start to jog towards the small door.

The high heels I'm wearing aren't the most practical running shoes, but I've gotten used to running in them considering how many undercover missions I've been on.

The tall, black heels are making a clicking sound as they hit the ground... but it's only my shoes making the noise.

I freeze and look over my shoulder, to see Genevieve in the same place as before. Paralysed like she's just seen a ghost.

My stomach drops slightly when I observe her fearful state. She probably can't hear me, and she certainly won't be able to snap herself out of this paralysis before whoever it is catches her.

"Genevieve what are you waiting for?" I hear Niall snap through the earpiece, probably shitting himself while helplessly watching us through the security cameras.

"Fucks sake." I mumble to myself while turning back to her and going to her aid.

I take a couple of eager steps until I reach Genevieve, I quickly snatch her wrist and start easing her towards the storage door again. It takes her a second but after we take a few steps she finally snaps back into reality and starts moving herself instead of being dragged along.

"Are we going to get caught?" She pants as we stride closer and closer towards the door.

"No." I answer sharply.

I only have one thing on my mind right now, and that is getting the hell out of here.

We crash into the door and I waste no time flinging it open and revealing a way bigger room than anticipated. It's has shelves that are cluttered with cardboard boxes, dust, and cobwebs. It's dark and pretty eerie but if it hides us or leads us to an exit, I'm happy.

I force Genevieve in before me to make sure she is safe; I quickly step in behind her and slam the door immediately. The spacious yet dusty room becomes almost pitch black which isn't the most convenient, considering I'm not wearing my normal clothes and don't have my flashlight.

"They were just in here." I hear a muffled voice say from the other side of the door.

My stomach drops immediately, and I snap my eyes to Genevieve who is already looking at me in horror. I slowly bring my index finger to my lips, gesturing for her to stay as quiet as possible.

She gives me a hesitant nod but that'll do.

"I'll check records, you sweep the room and supply closet." Another deep muffled voice speaks.

Yet again my stomach drops - we need to get out of here and fast.

"Okay you two, there is a vent about 40 feet away to your left. It leads into the elevators, so get in there and once you make it to the lobby run like hell." Niall pitches in finally over the earpiece.

I look to Genevieve who gives me another nod, gesturing she heard what Niall said. I look back at the closed storage room door that is going to be opened any second.