24

"You're a nightmare on the dance floor
And you hate me, and I want more
You're a total distraction
While I'm waiting for your reaction"

~~~

My skin is flushed with warmth from the sun radiating in from the large window across the room. I feel strands of hair fan delicately across my face as my body slowly awakens, my senses regaining strength.

I flutter my eyes open, partially blinded by the excessive amounts of light. I take a minute to just soak in the pleasant sun and the stillness. A familiar scent enters my nostrils as I toss and turn in the covers, as well as the sensation of the thin sheets touching my skin - nothing else.

I slowly peel my eyes open, not paying any attention to my surroundings. My hands grab the edge of the covers and I peek underneath at my naked body. It takes me a second to realise where I am and why I'm here, but eventually my tired mind puts two and two together.

I'm in Harry's room, naked in his bed... but where's Harry? I look to my right, not seeing anyone in the bed next to me. Maybe I slept in - wait hold on a minute, I slept, I actually slept without having to wake myself up every 10 minutes, and I didn't have a nightmare.

I'm a little shocked, that's my first good night sleep in a long time. Come to think of it, I certainly feel more refreshed and energetic. I'm not even sure how the whole last night thing happened, it was just random.

There is one thing I'm certain about, which is whatever that was last night, won't happen again. It was almost like he was doing me a favour? Getting me off for the first time in a year, and I know there's a competitive part of him that's patting himself on the back for being able to do so.

Now that I'm thinking about it, Harry and I technically broke one of our 'dream team' rules. If Niall finds out he's going to be pissed, he's very serious about following the rules he's set. I have a feeling this hook up was going to be kept under wraps, but even more so now that there's a chance people will get upset with us.

I'm quickly distracted by two rings on my fingers, two silver rings, one being quite standard and the other a rose. The rings are pretty big on my fingers, and I'm surprised they didn't slip off while I slept. Staring at his rings on my fingers triggers memories from last night.

I feel goosebumps breakout over my skin, just thinking about it and reminiscing the way I felt.

I'm still quite surprised at how much of a distraction that sex really was. I mean, I know sex can act as a distraction method, and I used to use it but if anything, sex just made me overthink even more. Last night was different, though. I just got so caught up in the moment that all I could think about was the present and taking every second as it came.

I could be drawing to conclusions, I could be judging the situation, I could be regretting being that vulnerable with Harry. But as of right now, I refuse to let myself overthink. I'm not ruining this feeling I have because I let my thoughts run wild. I feel accomplished, considering the fact I got over my fear of intimacy without a second thought.

I shuffle in the bed sheets trying to untangle myself as I sit up to assist myself even more. I glance over at the digital clock on his nightstand.

9:49, Friday, April 22nd.

I let my eyelids close again, feeling so self-empowered and proud that I got over such a huge mental block. I snuggle back down in the sheets, taking in the morning su—

9:49am, Friday, April 22nd!

As the realisation hits me, I shoot up and look back at the clock to see if I was hallucinating, but surely enough I wasn't. We have work, today we are meant to go door knocking through San Polo, at 9am. Meaning, I've just made everyone 49 minutes late, and counting.