06

"Nice to meet ya,
what's your name?"

~~~

Harry Styles

This place is nice.

Definitely a lot more advanced than my old headquarters in Sydney.

It's very simplistic, light grey walls, polished concrete floors, white lighting. High tech gadgets and equipment, massive pockets of empty space.

I've already seen some of it, like that bunker for instance. Only Angelo knows I've been here before, the other employees think I'm just another mindless newbie.

I'm not getting special treatment, I'm not on another top secret mission, I'm just good at what I do, and Angelo needed a favour so I helped him out.

I'm not going to lie, it's pretty boring walking around a spy base with a bunch of people who seem to be mesmerised over this shit. Yeah it's cool, but nothing I haven't seen before.

The tour guide is an older woman, with a clipboard and spectacles. She's seems friendly, but also like she'll blow your head off if you stepped out of line.

She has shown us majority of the building, such as the file office, the medical centre, training area, rooms, you get the gist. This place is massive, pretty impressive for an underground building. It's top secret as well, one of the only ways you can get in is through a 'bakery'.

Now this lovely old woman is pairing us with our own personal guides or something. I'd prefer to just show myself around, make myself at home and grab a quick drink from the bar but duty calls apparently.

I'm not going to lie, I feel a little left out when everyone else has gotten their buddies but mine is a no show. But at the same time, this is perfect, I can finally get a drink and relax in my new room. Somehow I scored one of the suites, I'm not complaining, I'm just a little confused.

It's been a while of making small talk with our tour guide, Lacy. All the other newbies are probably having the time of their lives and I'm here trying to charm Lacy into telling me the name of my 'buddy' but she's being stubborn.

While I wasn't making awkward conversation she filled me in on all the boring shit I need to know... lackeys, henchmen, deputies - blah blah blah.

I tried to stay awake while she informed me about how I'm getting a new partner - which I find unnecessary considering I've never had a partner before, or at least one that knows what they're doing.

Apparently they desperately need people on the field so I'm getting thrown into the deep end, and by next week I'll officially be a fielder for this new headquarters.

As for all the other newbies it'll take them maybe a month to get into the swing of things - unfortunate for them... I guess.

"Sorry I'm late, got held up." A voice says frantically from behind me.

I turn around to see who the voice belongs to and when we make eye contact my stomach drops.

I scan my eyes over this familiar mans figure. Seeing his borderline brown and blonde hair, blue eyes and now fairly muscular build.

"Holy shit." He whispers, straightening out his shirt and looking over me as well.

"Niall?" I mumble, staring at him in disbelief.

It's good to see him after all these years, it's almost like we never left each other. He's definitely changed, and I can already hear his voice has gotten deeper.