07

"Do whatever you want
I don't care, I don't care"

~~~

Lexi Maybank

I don't really have any words.

I'm just in shock. Completely thrown off by this man standing in front of me. The man I've encountered before, whose name is Harry, and is my new partner.

I wouldn't say I'm scared, or nervous, I'm just surprised. I definitely didn't expect to see him again, let alone have him as my partner. I can't wrap my head around it, so I'm just going to blame it on the thirty kids I've had to deal with the past few hours.

They were well behaved until they got bored of art, I tried to hold off another activity as long as I could, and I'd say three hours of them colouring in is fairly successful on my part.

I'm not going to lie they weren't the worst, and now that I have a partner, I guess I won't be hanging around them as much which is weirdly making me sad.

"You guys have some... bonding session with Bella... so you can 'bond' before you go into the field." Niall explains with air quotations, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I knew that was coming. I've had these 'bonding sessions' a lot lately. You have to do them with every new partner you get. It's to help test your chemistry... or something, to see if you'll work well together, if you're totally incompatible then you won't end up together.

Normally I can tell whether it's going to work out or not, and the past like 10 times I've been right - I haven't been 'compatible' with any of my past partners. But with Harry I have no clue, I usually know of my future partners, I know what they're like, but in this case, I have no idea.

Harry is a wild card and from what I've seen him do so far, he's good - maybe I'll finally have some competition.

I didn't even realise we were walking to the 'therapy' office; were the bonding test takes place. My head is just clouded with thoughts, about Harry and other unimportant things.

Niall opens the door to reveal a very familiar room. It's simple, white walls, wooden flooring, a desk with an office chair behind it and two other chairs in front of it. The room has little to no colour apart from the orange rug and pencil holder.

I've been in this room a little too many times and that exact smell of old lady is enough to give me a headache. Poor old Bella, she's definitely had enough of me as well. I'm not the easiest when it comes to these sessions, I shut down and basically do the exact opposite of what I'm meant to do - open up.

Bella isn't here yet which is unusual, normally she scolds me for being late, but I guess the tables have turned. Niall confidently strides past us and into the room, making himself comfortable in Bella's chair.

I stand in the doorway next to Harry as we both watch Niall slouch down in the chair and fling his feet onto the desk, crossing one over the other and bringing his hands up to interlock behind his head.

"What are you two waiting for, have a seat." Niall remarks from his comfortable position across the room.

I look up at Harry next to him, seeing him staring Niall down, then rolling his eyes as he hesitantly strolls towards one of the seats. I follow close behind, sitting myself down in the remaining chair.

The room is awkwardly silent, Niall isn't saying anything, neither is Harry. But there are different atmospheres for each person. Niall looks relaxed, Harry looks like he doesn't want to be here - which is relatable, and... well I have no idea the atmosphere I expel.