08

"she's such an actress"

~~~

Of course knowing what you're volunteering for is useful, but what's the harm in being spontaneous?

After Harry and I made our great escape we made a run for it into the locker room. We got the stuff we needed, such as guns, knives, shoes, jackets - spy stuff.

We didn't have time to change our clothes, well Harry seems pretty comfortable in his black jeans and t-shirt, but I'm in mom jeans, a navy tank top and random black zip up jumper I found which isn't the most practical outfit.

After we were all geared up, we just jumped into the nearest car and drove to the location it said in the file. We parked the sports car and took cover in an alley way - that's where we are now.

We have barely said anything to each other, we've been a little too focused on the job to talk up until this point.

Harry is calmly pacing up and down the alley way as I look through the file for maybe the tenth time, just trying to gather all the information I can.

The basic information includes a young man in his late twenties, blonde hair, brown eyes, 5'6, eagle tattoo on his left arm. He is apparently apart of some drug company, illegally supplying to casinos in the area.

Our job is to find him, kidnap him and take him back to HQ for further questioning. I know Louis has been on this case for ages, trying to find associates, dealers, suppliers but this drug company is well hidden - especially if not even Louis can find leads.

The guys name that we're after today is rumoured to be Jackson but that could be completely wrong.

Since we kind of just left suddenly, we don't exactly have a plan on how we are going to get this Jackson guy back to HQ. We are pretty much going into this blind but it's too late to back out now.

I keep looking over this case file, waiting for my brain to come up with some genius solution. I guess you could say it's my coping mechanism, over analysing.

"How many times are you going to read that?" Harry speaks up, a couple of feet away from me.

I look up and see him now leaning against one of the brick walls, drumming on his thighs.

"Oh— I don't know, why?" I mumble frantically, not expecting him to ask me anything in the heat of the moment.

"Because you've been reading the same thing for almost ten minutes." He scoffs, pushing off the wall and slowly striding over to me.

"I'm just being prepared." I shrug, not really knowing what else to say.

"You're being paranoid." He corrects with a raised eyebrow, snatching the document from my hands, before looking at it himself.

I'm not being paranoid, I'm being careful. I wouldn't want to mess up a case because I didn't understand the circumstances, not again.

I watch him continue his slow pace while he flicks through the pages, I slouch my shoulders in defeat before turning around and looking out the alley way and onto the street.

The street isn't busy, so hopefully it will be easy to spot this guy. It's a nice sunny day, it's still quite cold considering its mid-April. I can't wait until summer; I really hate this cold weather.

I'm only now realising some of the kids down in HQ don't even know what the seasons are like or can't remember. The building is constantly air conditioned or heated with the perfect temperature, so some of the kids that were born down there have no clue what winter or summer is like.