27

"See you in the dark
All eyes on you, my magician
All eyes on us"

~~~

I stand in front of a full-length mirror in Julia's guest bedroom, staring at myself in this outfit that was literally made by a miracle.

I scan my eyes over my figure being accentuated by a tight fit wrap dress. The red material stops mid-thigh, and is quiet low cut, exposing my cleavage. Julia has paired my outfit with white heels, golden earrings, rings, and necklaces as well as a fake wedding ring.

Her friend did my hair, which is naturally curled and my makeup that isn't super extravagant. Just some concealer, mascara, red lipstick, and highlighter.

"You look very mature dear... the guests are arriving any minute now." Julia says from the doorway.

I snap out of my gaze and look to her. She looks very dressed up for tonight, which gives me an idea that she's played down how important this 'dinner party' actually is. She's in a long black dress with puffy sleeves, gold heels and a layered pearl necklace.

She gestures her hands, encouraging me to follow her out of the room. I walk out with her and down her grand marble staircase, the foyer is now decorated with a red carpet, small circular high tables, a bar and food stand. The chandelier is brightly lit above our heads and there is classical music playing in the background.

"This is all for a dinner party?" I ask politely, looking around dumbfounded.

"Well, I might have fibbed when I said dinner party. It's more like a large gathering— but don't worry you and Harry will be just fine!" She says excitedly, assuring me after seeing the shocked look on my face.

I give her a nervous smile before she walks off to organise some more before guests arrive. I stand at the bottom of the stairs just taking in everything and rehearsing my character in my head.

When Harry and I got here a couple of hours ago, Julia had files for us to study. In the files contained any personal information about our characters that we'll need to know tonight.

I'm Gabriella Hanson, married to Cory Hanson for three years. Apparently, Gabriella needed financial advice and went to Cory, then they fell deeply in love and got married in their twenties. Gabriella is 24 and Cory is 27, so not far off our actual ages. There were things about where we grew up, how we ended up in Italy, just basics that would be able to answer general questions.

Julia gave us a rundown of what we're looking for. We're observing Robin's behaviour, seeing if he does anything suspicious, as well as gaining an idea of who would be eligible to be his side-chick.

My attention focuses on the figure that walks into the room. When I turn to see who it is, I notice Harry. He's wearing a red dress shirt that matches my dress, only a few buttons are done up, just enough so his butterfly tattoo is peeking out. He's wearing black pants and shoes with his silver cross necklace hanging in the middle of his chest.

My eyes drift up to meet his, which are slowly looking down my figure. I stand there awkwardly until his eyes catch mine, he doesn't say anything just walks off to the bar and pours himself a glass of whiskey.

I was going to compliment him, but I guess not. Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, he's been acting like a dick these past couple of days. He's not speaking, not even making a cocky remark, that's fine if he doesn't want to talk I get it, but after our little argument in the closet yesterday, I'm starting to think it's more than him just not wanting to talk.

Now I'm starting to think it's something I've done. Maybe I've said something— or during sex maybe I did something wrong, or maybe he didn't like me sleeping in his bed. I'll ask him... eventually.