20

"She just wants to talk through the daytime
And I just want it all when the time's right
Yeah, she's about to fall for the third time
The nature of it all"

~~~

Lexi Maybank

The warm water cascades down my body, relaxing my muscles and returning me to a calmer nature.

I rinse out the shampoo from my hair and continue with the conditioner. Lathering it up in my hair and letting the chemicals do their thing while I shave.

Showers are for sure my favourite part of the day. It's a time all for myself, no distractions, just the sound of the water hitting myself and the tiled flooring. It's a time to clear my head, focus on the exact things I'm thinking about.

But that's the thing, no distractions can lead to serious overthinking. I believe that is exactly what I'm doing now, drowning in my overwhelming thoughts.

I just can't stop thinking about what Mary said. I ran into the street that I was so sure she'd be in; she then came out of a nearby door with her gun already pointed at me.

I was spooked at first, but I knew I had backup, plus I was sure Mary wouldn't actually shoot me. She yelled at me to stay still and bring my hands up to where she could see them. I contemplated quickly reaching down to get my knives, but if she was actually going to shoot that decision wouldn't have been the smartest.

She then faced us towards the end of the alleyway, with a gun to my head. I figured Harry would be running in at any second, so I decided to just chill out and see how this unfolds.

Mary started to get angry and began to run her mouth. That was my downfall. I had up my front - the one I put on before missions, until she started gaslighting me.

I know better than to fall for that shit, but it got into my head and made me hesitant.

She would mumble things into my ear such as 'I'm doing this all for my family', to which I replied 'what? For your brothers?'. She didn't like that one, because I got the barrel pressed even harder against my temple.

She was quick to start sobbing about her children and how this is the only way she can feed them and give them a good home. I couldn't tell if she was being serious or not, I still haven't figured it out.

Just when I thoughts she had finished talking, she started to sob harder as she described what her children looked like. Apparently, she has a four year old, with long black hair and blue eyes, as well as a seven year old, with short brown hair and green eyes.

Pretty broad description that could have been thought of on the spot, but I can't seem focus on that. I can only focus on the fact that she might actually have two children who need her care and making meth in a secret lab is the only way to support her family.

Okay, that sounded unbelievably fake.

But I know that Josh and Brandy's parents dealt drugs to support them, until it got too hard. I know this because I met them, I saw their parents and they gladly handed Josh and Brandy over to me - kind of reminds me of my childhood.

They weren't good people. They might have been dealing drugs to feed their kids but that doesn't change the fact that they put Josh and Brandy in danger, not to mention exposed them to heavy drugs at a very young age.

It was clear that Josh and Brandy were tired of whatever lifestyle they were living. I got a glimpse into it when I met their parents and I really didn't like what I saw.