26

"Take another drag turn me to ashes
Ready for another lie?"

~~~

Lexi Maybank

"Congratulations you lot! You made it through your first week of the watchlist without getting killed!" Angelo says excitedly with a huge smile on his face.

Everyone stays quiet for a second, awkwardly looking at each other. Angelo's remark may have been light-hearted, but it's pretty dark when you think about it.

"Well," He claps his hands together. "Now that I've congratulated you on behalf of the superiors, I can tell you about your new case."

"Please tell me it's a hostage situation." Niall whispers under his breath from next to me, his voice being too quiet for anyone else to hear.

As bad as it sounds, hostage situations are thrilling and one of my favourite missions. Of course, it's awful, but they keep us on our toes. I'll only ever get involved with a hostage situation if either Niall or Louis are involved, they have some sort of gift when it comes to that stuff.

I've helped them with one before, a year or two ago, and it all went well and safe. I don't know how they do it, but whatever their method is they're really good at it.

"Harry and Lexi, the two of you have been chosen by Julia Knight herself to help you with her case." Angelo starts to explain, leaning his palms on the kitchen bench in front of him that we are standing around.

"Julia Knight? That name sounds familiar." I mumble, trying to figure out where I've heard that name from.

"She's a very close ally with A.M.B.E.R, she contributes a lot of money into the organisation. Come to think of it you've probably met her before." Angelo remarks, seeming a little on edge with this particular subject.

I nod in acknowledgment and wait for him to continue.

"She's suspicious of her husband, thinks he's having an affair. She's asked for some help and apparently had her eye set on you two." Angelo points to Harry and I. "I'll take you to speak with her today and I'm sure she'll explain the case in more depth."

"So what, we're going to spy on a rich old ladies husband?" Harry mutters from across the bench.

Angelo's expression flattens at Harry's disrespect, but he brushes it off before answering.

"Exactly Styles, and you will do as she says." Angelo deadpans, enforcing the fact he's not playing around.

"Let's go! We get the week off!" Liam says as he punches the air excitedly.

"Not quite Liam. You guys will be helping around headquarters, training kids, cleaning rooms, bartending at The Vault, making food for the kids, you get the picture." Angelo shuts Liam down.

I'd actually like that, then I'd get a chance to catch up with Josh and Brandy. I'm not sure how I feel about spending a week spying on a man suspected of cheating on his wife, but I can't complain this is all part of the job.

"Fuck my life." Liam whispers, dropping his head in disappointment.

"I'll meet you lot down at headquarters in a couple of hours. As for you two, you're coming with me to meet Mrs Knight." Angelo gestures to Harry and me as he walks out the kitchen.

Harry and I hesitantly follow Angelo out into the hallway. Kehlani grabs my arm as I pass her and tugs me back slightly.

"Good luck." She nods, letting go of my wrist.