13

"Let's get out, let's get out
'Cause this deadbeat town's only here just to keep us down"

~~~

So, I might have woken up a little late.

Technically I didn't 'wake up', I just might have stayed up all night looking through cold cases and taken a nap.

I woke up to my phone ringing from next to me, that's when I realised, I'd fallen asleep at my desk. I answered the phone to Harry and his morning voice. He called me at 4:55am and told me I had five minutes.

I tried to make it sound like I had been up for ages, but he caught onto that lie pretty quickly. I rushed to freshen up, brushed my teeth and hair and put on some deodorant. I quickly scattered everything else I needed including the bag I packed last night and now I'm heading to the gym to get my other bag.

I'm still in my pyjamas and I'm trying to be quiet while making my way to the gym. I'm half awake and I barely know what's going on around me.

Honestly, I'd be surprised if Harry hasn't left already, it's definitely past 5am but I really have to get my gym bag. I won't have time to take it back to my room, so I guess it's coming to Porto with us.

Also something I forgot to mention is that Porto is a 2 hour drive away. No, it's not that bad, but being in a car with a man that is freakishly intimidating and weirdly makes me nervous isn't something I'm looking forward to. I mean maybe I'll create some sort of good conversation, but I honestly don't know if I have the social skills for that.

I finally push through the gym door, making sure to gently close them behind me. I tip toe over to the bench where I left by bag and see it peacefully sitting there, right where I left it.

I quietly weave through gym equipment before I reach my bag. I'm not sure why I'm trying to be as silent as possible, the gym is empty and I'm pretty sure it's soundproof.

I make it to my bag; I grab the handles and sling it over my shoulder. Just as I'm about to turn around and leave, I hear a couple of voices. I freeze in shock for a second, my heart stopping and my stomach flipping.

After a second of fear I calm myself down, realising I'm literally in a high security underground base... but then again incidents have happened.

I slowly turn myself around to where I heard the voice. There is plenty of gym equipment around me, so if I need to I can pick up a weight and hit someone with it.

I look around the empty gym and I'm only now realising the lights have been on this entire time. I keep scanning the gym, flicking my eyes between the treadmills, rowers and bicycles until my eyes catch two people on the very other end of the room.

I can't see them very well but I'm relieved to spot Liam. He's doing what looks to be boxing with another guy, I've never seen him before, but he's probably one of the new recruits.

I would yell out and say hi, but they look pretty focused and I wouldn't want to be even later for Mr early bird.

I mind my own business as start to walk out of the gym. I hastily make my way from the gym to the garage which is conveniently on the other side of HQ.

After a while trying to get to the garage, I finally barge through the doors. Surprisingly, there is a black sports car running near the exit.

The garage only has a few lights on, illuminating the 20-30 cars parked down in this massive concrete room. I slow my pace down as I approach the running car, catching my breath from practically running through the hallways.