12

"He pulled the mirrors off his Cadillac
'Cause he doesn't like it looking like he looks back
He talks like his opinion is a simple fact"

~~~

"It's called the Watchlist."

The watchlist, okay - I can work with that, it doesn't seem that bad.

"What do we have to do?" I ask, I feel a little annoying asking so many questions I'd like to know what's going on.

"Basically each week we'll send you through a list of three names, you have by the end of the week to... well, eliminate those certain people." Angelo explains. He doesn't seem as excited as before, he's more serious now.

I don't really like the idea of 'elimination', and three times a week, every week seems like a bit much for me to handle. I feel my whole body tense and it must be obvious for Angelo to speak again.

"Don't worry though! On the list it will specify whether you need to kill or just capture them. If you need to capture them, you do so and bring them back to HQ where they will be held for further investigation." He clarifies.

I feel my body relax a little but I'm still weary, I've never liked the idea of killing people. I know I'm a spy and it's my job, but I do it because it helps people. I kill when I need to, I kill bad guys to stop them from doing any more damage.

"What is the actual purpose of this?" Harry mumbles from next to me, sounding bored as ever.

"You are both familiar with the Rosso gang, correct?" Angelo questions, raising an eyebrow at the both of us. Harry and I nod in acknowledgement, issuing Angelo to continue.

"Well, they have recently gone undetected, which makes it harder for us to find their leaders. We've been getting a large amount of Rosso gang member sightings, hence why this mission was created." He continues, his tone dropping to an even more serious one.

I've heard of the Rosso gang before. They are a large drug gang that also likes to murder people for fun, I'm sure there is a reason behind it but no one knows of it yet.

A.M.B.E.R doesn't like to get involved with them often considering how dangerous they are. They'd start a war at any minor inconvenience, so I guess A.M.B.E.R doesn't want to strike a nerve.

I've never encountered a Rosso gang member, but Louis has - he killed one. Of course I haven't heard the story, I don't think anyone has or ever will. Louis is quiet about it - I mean he's quiet about everything, but it's like the whole Rosso gang ordeal is sensitive to him.

"So are you both happy to be challenged with this mission?" Angelo breaks my train of thought. He looks really happy for someone who has a massive pile of papers on his desk.

I go to speak but he cuts me off. "You don't have a choice, so if you're not happy suck it up!" Angelo adds, still keeping his bright smile.

Good to know?

He did tell us we didn't have a say in this matter before, but it's very clear now. And because of that lack of choice, I'm starting to become uneasy about this. Like with anything else, it's always good to have a choice, it makes you feel more comfortable and non-regretful.

But I suppose this is my job. I made a choice when I was 18 to keep working as a spy, and while I do regret that decision sometimes, majority of the time I love my job.

"Any more questions?" Angelo asks, still holding the now creepy grin on his face.

I look to Harry who is just staring Angelo down, I'm sure he'd answer himself if he knew we'd have different answers.