11

"Now you're lost
Lost in the heat of it all
Girl you know you're lost
Lost in the thrill of it all"

~~~

I've never experienced anything like that before.

He was smart, he knew what he was doing, he knew his boundaries and what would get an idiot like Jackson to talk.

Harry went pretty far with Jackson, getting dangerously close to killing him before we had any answers, but the whole time he knew exactly how it was going to play out.

He had Niall and I fooled. I remember how stressed I was when he blocked us out and continued to physically and verbally torment Jackson. I thought I'd actually have to step in and push Harry away or something.

It was cool to see Harry doing the job for the first time. We've only been partners for a couple of days and I don't doubt that we'll work well together. He is a bit cold and distant sometimes, which makes me overthink but I'm sure that's just us warming up to each other.

We didn't say much to each other after leaving Jackson, I couldn't really look at him while he had all that blood on his face anyway. But I've been hung up on the fact that I enjoyed watching Harry torturing Jackson.

I normally hate seeing other people being harmed or harming people myself, I avoid it as much as possible. But with Harry it was like I weirdly enjoyed it, maybe it was just intriguing, and I'll snap out of it - although, my fascination doesn't make it any less disturbing.

I almost fell asleep this morning when Zayn was telling me about how Josh and Brandy are. Not because I don't care or I was bored - because those kids have my heart, but because I haven't slept a wink in three days.

I can't sleep and it's bothering me. Zayn told me to take a nap since it's Saturday and I only work on weekdays, so I didn't have anything else to do. I contemplated it but decided I'd just go to the gym we have at HQ.

That's where I am now, running on the treadmill while I get lost in my own thoughts, in an empty gym around 7pm.

I haven't stopped thinking about Genevieve. She pops into my mind at least once a day since she went missing. I always feel my stomach sink when I think of her, I feel really bad but I'm trying to convince myself that it's not my fault.

A.M.B.E.R hasn't found any lead apart from some security footage that was captured. It was of a large man dragging an arm, that's all the camera got until it turned. But who's to say that was Genevieve, I mean it could be, but the arm didn't have clothes on - Genevieve had a long sleeve shirt on.

I did volunteer to help with the investigation, but Angelo shut me down and said 'you've done enough', which did nothing but make me feel worse. Niall assured me they didn't want me on the case because it'd be emotionally challenging, but I don't think that's the reason.

Not to mention Genevieve went missing with the flash drive we were meant to steal. So because of that a lot of other missions have been cancelled or postponed until we have that data.

Genevieve's friends have given me nothing but death stares since it happened and honestly, I don't blame them - I would do that too if it came to one of my friends going missing.

I snap back into reality and realise I'm barely breathing; I look down at the treadmill screen and almost faint when I see the stats.

I've been sprinting for almost an hour at full speed, without stopping or having any water - I guess I really did get caught up in my head.