03

~~~

~~~

My mind won't stop. It just keeps coming up with scenarios that could have happened. It's going into overdrive and I want nothing more than for it to shut down.

I've been stressing myself out to the point I can't sleep, eat, even talk. I haven't said much these past couple of days, I've been so distracted by my head constantly pounding with emotions.

It's been three days and Genevieve is still missing, assumed dead.

No one knows what happened, no one saw what happened, it's like a mind field at headquarters. Everyone is doing their best to find clues or literally anything that could help find Genevieve.

After I saw no one was in the elevator I froze for a couple of minutes, just stared down at the empty space. Niall was trying to talk to me, but I blocked him out just trying to comprehend what had happened.

After I snapped out of it, I dropped down into the elevator and Niall put the system back online, so it started moving. Once it got to the bottom floor my thoughts were already running wild.

I stepped out of the elevator, forgot all my protocol, and just ran like hell. I had to dodge a couple security guards but that was pretty easy even in my spaced-out state.

I remember running out the main glass door and getting in the car then driving off like there was no tomorrow.

I got to headquarters safely and busted through the doors just wanting to be alone. I ran into the living area and turned the last corner to get to my room.

At this point I didn't feel like crying, I felt like I wanted to break something. I wasn't even that mad, I just felt fidgety and I needed a distraction.

I opened my door and thank god Niall was sitting on my bed - who knows what I would have done if he wasn't there.

He looked saddened and quiet, which made me feel even worse. I knew he was just there to comfort me because he knows how I handle this stuff but at that point I just needed to be alone.

But I didn't ask him to leave. Deep down I knew it was better if he was there. He had the right to be there, he was heavily involved in the mission too, I couldn't force him to leave when he looked like he needed someone to be there as well.

I remember so clearly just collapsing in his arms. The exhaustion was catching up to me and what had just happened was making me want to faint.

He gave me a tight hug to calm me down, which worked. Niall is a comfort blanket; he can just make you feel more at ease when he's around.

I've known him since I was sixteen, so almost seven years ago and now he's my so called 'older brother'. I was his trainee even though I'm only three years younger than him. We fight, we care, we get along, other times we don't.