18

"I think I worry a lot
I need to take it easy
I got this anxious feeling
But it goes away for a minute
When I'm with you breathing"

~~~

I stumble down the stairs, still half asleep and hungry. I make it to the kitchen where I see Niall, Louis and Kehlani ready to go and eating cereal.

They all seem pretty awake, and surprisingly not hungover. I only had a couple of drinks last night and I feel and look more hungover than them - that's the curse of being a lightweight.

Kehlani was banging on my door pretty early this morning, having a crisis about what to wear. She dragged me into her room so I could help her.

I got my first look at her room which is already decked out with her things. One of her walls is already covered in posters of the men she drools over, the other walls are painted a light pink and have plants, pictures and tapestries hanging off them.

She had about five outfits laid out in her bed and she made me choose one. They were all nice outfits; some weren't exactly clothes to wear when you're working but that's Kehlani for you.

I pick out the third outfit, a black skirt and pink and purple crop top. She was clearly disappointed in my choice, but I think she knew that wearing a bright pink jumpsuit wouldn't help her blend in.

She then dragged me into my room so she could pick out an outfit for me. I gave her boundaries considering we have a mission to go on today that will probably involve running and fighting.

After a few suggestions we settled on black jeans and a white cropped tight fit shirt. She also begged me to wear my combat boots, but I went more low key with my converse.

I make my way over to the pantry that is already opened and a mess from people scavenging for food.

I search the shelves not really seeing anything appealing right now, apart from bread. I grab the bag and head to the toaster.

The fridge door catches my attention and I see writing on it, it's the rules we made last night. There are all sorts of handwriting in different colour marker. I remember doing this with Niall, Harry and Kehlani before we went to bed.

There are only a couple of rules...
'1: every Saturday night is movie night
2: never go against your guy
3: use misdirection and illusion
4: always have another members back
5: go with the flow, blend in—'

These aren't even original or relevant. They are the A.M.B.E.R rules that we pledged to follow when we turned 18, we seriously just copied them word for word.

I keep scanning my eyes over the unoriginal rules until I get to the last one, 'no dream team on dream team hookups.'

Oh yeah, I forgot Niall took the liberty to call us the dream team... it's now our official name. I remember we all thought that was a great idea last night, but I'm definitely questioning it now.

I notice one last thing at the very bottom of the fridge door. 'Fail to obey these rules and the others get to dare you to do something'. Seems like a reasonable punishment... not really, though.

"You know this place has a cinema?" Niall asks, snapping me out of my trance.

"Yeah, when did you figure that out?" Kehlani replies, flicking her hair behind her shoulders.

"This morning." Niall mumbles with a mouth full of cereal.

"Oh that's nice, I found it yesterday." Kehlani tuts, making it a competition.