Chapter 24

××

×Narrator's POV×

Connie kicked the blanklet off her, sitting up suddenly, groaning. Her stomach began to growl, breaking the silence in the room. It was still dark, it was unexpected, even to Connie herself. She felt shifting next to her. She turned slowly. After letting her eyes adjust to the darkness, she could clearly see Randall, or maybe just his body moving. The sound of him groaning got louder by the minute. Connie quickly slipped out of the bed and went to the kitchen.

She rummaged through the fridge, hoping to find some leftovers from what ever her mom had eaten. Thank goodness for frozen pizzas, if not she would to go hungry. She ripped open the plastic and chucked it into the microwave. She switched it on and sat at the counter, checking her phone for messages. She clicked on the instagram app, opening up to her profile. She created it long ago, but never once used it. She changed her username from random_user21 to c_note_16.

Ding!

The pizza was finally heated up. She took it out, almost scalding her fingers. She picked up a slice and devoured it instantly.

"Can i get one?"

Connie jumped out of her skin, almost choking on her pizza. She turned around. It was just Randall. He .leaned against the counter, rubbing his eyes sleepily, looking amused.

"Wow, you're actually up. At like 4, just to eat." He laughed and shook his head disapprovingly.

"I'm hungry okay? Don't judge," Connie turned her back towards him and continued eating her second slice.

He reached for a slice from behind and said, "Ain't judging, sweetie." He sat down next to her and peered at her phone. "You got instagram? Since when?"

"A long time ago, but I never did used it," She showed him her profile, she had no followers, no posts neither was she following. Randall took it frim her and began typing something on her phone.

"There, now you're following me. And I..." He took out his phone and opened his own profile, "am following you,"

"Okay, can I have my phone back now?"

"No, let's take a selfie," Using her phone, Randall raised it and smiled at the camera. "Smile baby,"

Click.

Connie didn't have enough time to think of a "proper selfie" pose, hence she just did a peace sign while smiling. She watched him do something before her phone was returned to her. She looked at her profile, the number of post turned from 0 to 1.

Randall picked up his own and started to type away. Connie glanced at his phone and saw him messaging all his friends.

'Hey, dude. Follow c_note_16, now.'

"What? Wait, why would you tell them to do that? And its 4, in the morning."

"One, to get you some followers. Two, they won't even be sleeping at this time."

Connie shrugged, knowing Randall knew his friends better than she does, obviously. The pizza was cleared in 10 minutes. Connie threw the aluminum foil away and cleaned up. Randall was still on his phone, but was now smiling at it.

"What so funny?" She asked as she dried her hands.

"Have you watched 'The Little Mermaid' ?" She nodded and Randall showed her what he was laughing at. It was on facebook, a joke about the movie.

'A mute and nude girl on the beach; seems legit; I'll put a ring on her'

It took a few seconds for the meaning to register in her head. As soon as it got registered, she started to giggle. Randall watched her as she giggled.

She turned to look at her boyfriend who was staring at her. She touched her face immediately, thinking maybe there was ketchup sauce on her face from the pizza earlier.

"Is there something on my face?"

"Oh erm," He snapped out of his daze and looked away, "you just looked cute when you laughed just now."

"Oh..." She was taken aback by his honesty. It's not that she had never heard him confess or see him being honest, but the mode now was just tense. Especially when they just made out a couple of hours.

"Can we?" Randall slipped his hands around her waist and pulled her close, nose almost touching each other's. 

"I.." Before she could finish, she felt Randall's lips on hers. In her mind, she was protesting but her body didn't listen. Soon, she kissed him back. They made their way to the couch and started their passionate make out session.

"Mhmm..!" Connie hit his chest, telling Randall to stop. Randall reluctantly pulled back, showing her an unsatisfied face. "I can't breathe, you idiot. We have school tomorrow, you idiot. It's 5.15, can we just... erm..."  She sat up and hesistated.

Randall sat up next to her and anticipated her reply. She turned away and felt her face got hotter.

"...cuddle?" Randall instantly hugged her and both of them went crashing down, sinking into the soft cushions.

"Mmm... I love this,"

"Cuddling?"

"Yeah..." He turned her around so that she was facing him. He kissed her on her forehead and hugged her close to his chest. "Night babe,"

"Yeah, night."

××

Update><, like it? I have camp ㅠ.ㅠ Dammit. High elements will be the death of me...[yes, i'm afraid of heights]… Will try to update again soon><; Many, many love, Kamix